Go Bottom Go Bottom

salsco 824 chipper

View my Photos
lapine
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-25          51829

I have a Kubota B7800 and am looking at getting the Salsco 824 chipper for it. I like it as it has the hydro feed built right on the chipper and does not head to be connected to the tractors hydraulics. They are pretty expensive but are of commercial design per the company. Has anyone tried one of these units on a tractor of about 22 pto hp as the 7800 has? The one they make with its own engine uses a 13 hp koeler motor so the 22 hp pto I think should be enough. Cy Mohr

Link:   

Click Here

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

salsco 824 chipper

View my Photos
marklugo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-04-01          52341

Call Salsco, They will have great knowledge about what will and won't. They have borrowed Eicher tractors to demonstrate their product at the Sunbelt Expo for the past few years. The used the 364 35 hp to power one of their smaller chippers. I think it was the one you mentioned. It never opened the goveners. But the tractor has a 185 lb flywheel. Combine that with the one on the machine! They tried to use a Kioti one year and had trouble with the electric clutch engagement wanting to burn out the pto by engaging the flywheel to harshly. The Eicher had an old fashined 2 stage pedal that could be feathered to easily engage the chipper and slowly start the machine. Give Ol Sal a call and tell him the Eicher guy from the moultrie Expo sent you. ....

salsco 824 chipper

View my Photos
lapine

2003-04-01          52361

Thanks for the info I am pretty sure I will get the Salsco 824 as I did talk to Sal yesterday about the chipper and then I talked to Mark at United in Maine as they sell them and all I got was its the best chipper on the market to date. Mark knew i wouldnt buy it from him and he still put very good recomendations for the product. Its expensive but with the built in hydro system thats understandable. I want something that will last for a long time not just a year or two. Cy ....

salsco 824 chipper

View my Photos
DaveM

2003-04-05          52620

Can you tell me where in Maine, United is? Phone number and location. I'm interested in a chipper but United doesn't sound familiar in Maine.

Thanks.
D. Mc. ....

salsco 824 chipper

View my Photos
lapine

2003-04-05          52625

I wrote the wrong name down it was Union farm eq their number is 1-800-935-7999 they are in Union Maine ....

salsco 824 chipper

View my Photos
chipperman

2003-04-20          53438

Hello
Where are you in ME. I am the Salsco Factory rep for ME, VT, NH and NY. I would be glad to anwser any questions. Union is a great dealer. The sell lots of our chippers. My number (mobile) is 203-314-7633. It's on 7/24 if I do not anwser I will call you back. I also represent Zetor and Century tractors for the Northest (from PA to ME) Let me know how I can help.
Jay Feldman ....

salsco 824 chipper

View my Photos
harring02

2003-04-21          53522

I'm in Cornish Me I don't know where he is, I have a 1983 650 JD and I would like to buy a chipper. Does Salsco make a chipper that would work on my tractor. I wouldn't be chipping anything bigger than 2" because anything bigger thats fire wood. ....

salsco 824 chipper

View my Photos
DaveM

2003-04-22          53571

Chipperman and Harring02,

I'm in Raymond, Maine with a Cub Cadet 7234. I will email you Chipperman at your bio address.

Dave M. ....

salsco 824 chipper

View my Photos
gschester

2003-07-25          60131

I am getting a Kubota B2710 and am looking at getting the Salsco 824 chipper for it, also. I am trying to find out what other options exhist, I am looking at Woods, Bearcat, Patu and others......it is very confusing! I really just waoul like to know what the best chipper is for this size tractor. I do NOT want a chipper/shredded, just a chipper. Any comments from experienced users?? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login