Go Bottom Go Bottom

Trenchers

View my Photos
John Miller
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1998-12-24          611

I am looking for a trencher to pull behind my tractors. I have a JD 970 and an Int 856. Any info would be appreciated. I also might try to build my own, has anyone ever tried this before? Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Trenchers

View my Photos

1998-12-30          698

In my business we do trenching for cable pulls. The trenchers we use are the self powered units, and the ride on type. We use a tractor loader to fill in the trench. If you mean that you want to trailer one of these self powered units with the tractor, I don't think that will work at all. because the trencher is naturally pushing the trencher backwards into your tractor, therbay jack knifing it. The other reason I don't think this would work is that the beauty of the trencher is that we frequently jog it from side to side so that we can get around obstacles like rocks so we can take the path of least resistance.I 'd love to hear of an application of tractor based trencher that worked, it would save me hauling equipment. I saw a sight that had Cad plans for loaders, cranes, and backhoes, If I find it I'll post it.Good Luck. ....

Trenchers

View my Photos
Ron

1999-01-08          750

I found a website for trencher plans if you still are interested.It is at http://www.cadplans.com/.I am considering building a trencher myself for a small Massey-Ferguson tractor, but I prefer a subframe mounting to a three-point hitch.

Anyway, I hope this helps. ....

Trenchers

View my Photos
Brent H.

1999-10-21          8985

Check out a Bradco trencher for three-point hitches. www.bradco.com ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login