Go Bottom Go Bottom

dump trailer blueprints

View my Photos
beagleman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-14          100321

hey everyone any idea where i can get a good set of bluprints to build a dump trailer?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

dump trailer blueprints

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-14          100339

NorthernTool has blueprints for all kinds trailers. Item No. 128542 is listed as a 10' x 5' hydraulic dump trailer. I can't comment how good these plans are, it sells for $34.99. Just key in the item no. on their website. ....

dump trailer blueprints

View my Photos
MadRefereee
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-18          100505

I have a set of those Northern Tool prints for the dump trailer. Very detailed and probably worth the money if you decide to build it. I am considering building this one or modifying another this winter.

Be aware that the design is such that the fabrication is not for the beginner. You will need more than just average hobby strength tools to build it.

dump trailer blueprints

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-18          100508

My company used to build trailers and truck bodies, and I have to agree with MadReferee here, building any trailer, let alone a dump trailer is not exactly an entry level project for a weekend warrior (no offence intended).

There is also the public safety aspect of it if the trailer is for 'over the highway' service. A trailer can quickly become a deadly weapon if a couple of welds let go while it's loaded and in motion.

MIG welders just make the situation worse, it's REALLY easy to make a very pretty but structurally useless weld with a MIG unit. Stick welders aren't far behind.

There is a reason the law in most places requires trailers be built by certified welders and manufacturers.

In most areas there are certified welders who will come out and weld for you if you put all the pieces together and do the 'grunt' work, but I doubt you'd save much over a comparable unit anyways. The 'bulk price' savings manufacturers get from suppliers usually exceeds the profit margin. When you buy all the parts for full retail price you may spend more just in parts than you could buy the finished product.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login