Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tire Pressure - JD4200

View my Photos
SJ
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-08-03          40971

Recently had a flat on my 4200 front tire. When I repaired the tube I finally (should have checked it sooner I guess) noticed that both front and rears were inflated to 30psi by the dealer even though the sidewall lists 24 as max. My land is mostly flat, some slopes, and both hard and soft ground. What is everyone recommending for front and rear pressures?

Thanx.

SJ

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tire Pressure - JD4200

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-08-04          40978

We have discussed the topic extensively. The conclusions seem to be that there has to be some 'belly' in the tire for optimum traction as well as ride. If your tractor is lightly loaded that could mean you carry 10 pounds of pressure or less. Conversely, as you increase the load you must ‘eyeball the sidewall’ and adjust the air pressure so that you can see a bulge and have the entire width of the tread on the ground. ....

Tire Pressure - JD4200

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-08-04          40979

Try this thread or check the search engine for "tire pressure". ....

Link:   

Click Here

Tire Pressure - JD4200

View my Photos
Art White

2002-08-05          40993

Mark does have a lot experience trying to find the ultimate air pressure. Often the markings on the tire are to keep the peoples hands and heads attached while installing. It is better to look at the tractor tires and be sure they have full contact across the width of the tread. I don't often use gauges, just a look. You could from that point check to see exact pressure for you to work with in the future. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login