Go Bottom Go Bottom

TC24 TC29 TC33

View my Photos
blackjack
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-06-02          56400

I am looking for a CUT to use for tilling in between rows of trees (2 acres), clearing snow (approx 500' driveway), finish-mowing approx 5-8 acres and general landscaping work around the yard. I am primarily interested in the NH TC Boomer / Case-ID DX series. Is the TC33 too big for mowing around the house? Do most people use this size of mower for the wide-open areas, and a smaller mower for around the house/deck/etc?? Any recommendations on what size would best fit me (between the 24/29/33 HP models)?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TC24 TC29 TC33

View my Photos
realman21502

2003-06-03          56530

Wish I could answer your question directly about the TC33. I have a 20+ year old Ford 1900, 4 x 4. It weight 2600lbs. I wouldn't want a tractor any smaller. You need a pretty good size tractor to handle a 6' mower. I mow almost all of my yard with the tractor and use a garden tractor and weed eater to trim. Size of the tractor is pretty important to if you want to put a loader on it. ....

TC24 TC29 TC33

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-06-03          56537

The TC29 is going to be discontinued by the end of the year. I would rather have the TC33 in your circumstances. If you have a lot of tight areas, you might want to look at Super Steer. I still use a lawn tractor, lawn mower and high wheel trimmer along with my tractor. I purposely gave up the mowing aspect for other capabilities like bush hogging and FEL work.
Pacesetter ....

TC24 TC29 TC33

View my Photos
BillMullens
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-04          56558

I use a TC29 with rear 3ph mower for all of my finish mowing. Everything else gets the weedeater.
Bill ....

TC24 TC29 TC33

View my Photos
blackjack

2003-06-05          56744

Thanks for all of the great info. This is a great site for useful information.

TC24 TC29 TC33

View my Photos
koala24

2003-06-06          56750

I have 2 acres and I bought a TC33D with supersteer last year. It the perfect size because I can easily mow in tight spaces and still have plenty of power for lifting heavy things with front end loader. I had a Ford 1120 (18hp) before and it just does not have the power for tasks that came up periodically.
I would definitely go for the TC33D, supersteer is well worth the extra money, as you can turn on a dime given the size of the tractor. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login