Go Bottom Go Bottom

What size boomer for what size mower

View my Photos
David Keith
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-05-14          28135

This is a long post, with several questionsthanks for any help you can give meI am looking to upgrade to a hydro compact diesel four wheel drive and hopefully a six foot deck. I am seriously considering A New Holland becase the dealer is only three miles from my house. Everyone else is 20-30 miles away.web site at http://www.newholland.com/NA/Products/boomer.html tells me most of the specs, but does anyone know of a web site that says what size decks fit? I realize that there are two issues here, physical fit and hp. So who can tell me how big a bellymower I can fit in the smallest frame boomer (TC25D TC29D TC33D) and which HP to use forthat mower. I want to stay in the smallestframe if I can, because my wife uses the tractor also, and she tells me if I go too big she will not feel comfortable and I will do all the lawn work. We will use the tractor for mowing four acres and in the winter blowing a long driveway on a drifting hill. If you have the same info for a TC35Dplease include that. As a side note I have about 30 trees with low branches, is it posible to get a deck infront of a tractor, if so who makes it, I would like a 5-6 foot deck, on a 4 wheel drive machine, that I can put a cab and 2 stage snowblower on.Forgive the length of this but I have a friend that wants my D-A 1920 (gas 20 hp) hydro with 60in mower , 4 ft 2 stage blower and soft cab. weights and chains. 500 hours 12years old, lots of minor dings scratches, but mechanically sound. I am thinking its worth $3,000 anyone have a book to look it up in?One last question, do I buy the deck, blower and cab I want for my boomer from my dealer, or can I order them online and have them shipped to my house for lots less? (if its only a little less I would rather support my local dealer) thanks for any help David Keithwingdavid@aol.com

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-05-14          28155

David,
I have run the course on different brands and they all have good and bad points, so you should look at the posts from last year if they are available. You will learn all you need to know of the differences. I have a tc29d with s/s, a 72" belly deck and loader. N/H also makes a cab and front mount blower, I have seen the setup and it looks great (and expensive). The down side of the N/H is offset by its' ergonomics. If your lawn is fairly dry all year, go with the super steer, it will turn around those trees. The physical size of this machine may intimidate your wife, particularly if you go to the next frame size, the 35hp..Kubota makes a great 29hp machine in a smaller package, my wife prefers it over the N/H, so I may trade eventually. I bought a Curtis Loader blade last year, big mistake. You can't steer the tractor without lifting the blade, the turn brakes are on the wrong side for the hydro user. I will be looking at a snow blower if I can sell the blade. This mower deck cuts better than any tractor/mower I have owned. Looks like a golf course when I am done. The 29hp doesn't even work with that size deck. I went to the N/H "semi-synthetic" hyd. oil and don't have a problem in the winter with squealing. Good luck... Cutter. ....

View my Photos
David Keith

2001-05-14          28167

thanks for your information it was helpfull
I also found info in boomer catalog
I am getting quotes now
only decision left is 25 or 29 hp
will pobably decide based on cost to get the other 4 hp

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-05-14          28177

You will want the 29 with a 72" deck. They have had a rebate going, to upgrade it was only 400 bones. Don't know if that is something that is still happening. ....

View my Photos
MarkS

2001-05-15          28207

The TC 25 and TC 29 are both pretty much the same tractor, they even have the same engine (check out the displacement). I have noticed they rate the 29 at 2800RPM and the 25 at 2600RPM. Not sure what else they do to get the 4HP but I bet it is fuel pressure etc. I would go with the 29 if I were using a 72" deck. The 25 will probably do fine, but I have noticed since buying a Hydrostat tractor that it seems to eat quite a bit more powser that a standard gear. ....

View my Photos
David Keith

2001-05-15          28229

I got my prices, the snowblower is the biggest sticker shock,
front mount snowblowers are more because of the mount location
since many come here to look for prices I thought I would show what my dealer said
list prices are below, so far my dealer is offering 20% off list
I am going to try and get 24% off list before I sign
ITEM List Price
TC29D with turf tires $17000
914A 72" rear discharge mid mount mower $3300
719 snow blower 60" $5975
soft sided cab $750
the total list price came to $27025 without super steer
and $1100 more for super steer to make it $28125 list
right now the dealer is at $22775 with super steer and I am going to
offer $22,000 ....

View my Photos
gary largent

2001-05-16          28274

Why not look at the commercial mowers? You can get 4wd, front deck, snowblower, and cab for a comparable price or less. The snowblower will be less because you will not need a drive from the mid pto and hydraulics to raise and lower it (already there for the deck). The only serious disadvantage is that you cannot install a loader on a commercial mower. ....

View my Photos
David Keith

2001-06-11          29166

yes I seriously considered the comercial mower route, it would be
better under the trees. But I am thinking that for future use
and for resale the compact diesel will be better.
I also like the Idea of pushing a heavy snowblower with more mass
the tractor weighs 1000 pounds more than the comercial mower.
By the way I ordered my TC29D with super steer a month ago
it will ship in two weeks
apperantly a part shortage slowed it down
(factor originally told dealer two weeks to ship)

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login