Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere 4400 toJohn Deere 4700

View my Photos
Jeff
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-09-08          19608

Friends,I have a new John Deere 4400 4wd hydrostat (80 hours),I was thinking about trading up to either the 4500,4600,or 4700.My understanding is(correct me if I am wrong)the JD4500 is not available in with hydrosatatic transmission.I do not plan to be running a baler,but I drag a lot of wood etc and would be only be using a roto tiller,bush hog and scraper blade and loader.The reason I am wanting to go to the bigger size,is for stability and more pulling power on heavy loads,not to mention a bigger loader to move more volume.I like the hydrostatic transmission on the 4400,is there any advantages over the different type of transmissions available,(which is the best to go with?)I want the AG tires for the aggressive traction.Would the 4700 be any better at pulling heavy loads and handling the loader,than say the 4600 or 4500,I know when it comes to pulling you are limited a lot by traction rather than power.And do the new 4500,4600,and 4700 have the new axle design?What is the price difference on the 3.I havent asked my dealer yet,thought maybe you tractor folks could help answer these questions.Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

John Deere 4400 toJohn Deere 4700

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-09-09          19629

Jeff, I just bought a 4700 4wd,hst,folding ROPS and R-4's for $22,200. but I also bought numerous pieces of other equipment. I ordered it with all the new updated designs of the problems JD was having. You are correct, the 4500 does not come with the hst tranny, hst is the way to go anyway (IMHO). I think anything built after April 2000 has most of the new designs. If you want any other info. just e-mail me. David ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login