Go Bottom Go Bottom

TRACTOR SIZE-11 ACRES

View my Photos
Charlie Fraley
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-12          127599

WHAT SIZE OF TRACTOR DO I NEED FOR 11 ACRES? I HOPE TO BUSH HOG, PLANT VERY LITTLE, AND USE THE POST HOLE DIGGER.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TRACTOR SIZE-11 ACRES

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-12          127610

What's your price range? In the end that will dictate the size. You might want to get a mid-mount (finish) mower (MMM) and a front end loader (FEL). I have a New Holland TC33D (33hp) with Super Steer, cruise control, suspension seat, tilt/telescoping wheel; hydro drive, R-4 tires, no loader or mower (I have other equipment for those tasks) ....

TRACTOR SIZE-11 ACRES

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-12          127616

Other questions to ask are soil type? Size of Bush hog you want/need to use? Type of material you will be bush hogging? What is the soil type? Winter use (snow/ice) or just nice weather use (determines 2wd or MFWD)? What is the liklihood you will want to do other tasks?

I have a 4310 (32 hp) that I use for snow removal, hauling dirt and manure (loader), tilling garden with 60" tiller, driveway leveling (60" box blade), and regular finish mowing using a 72" mid-mount mower (MMM). I mow 3 acres of lawn. The rest of the land I don't really mess with. ....

TRACTOR SIZE-11 ACRES

View my Photos
wingwiper

2006-04-12          127623

Charlie

I have just under 11 acres and I have everytime of terrain and condition you can think of, from Hard pan to Clay, to mossy soggy soil to gravel. I have a pretty decent size garden, alot of trees and more rocks that you can imagine. I bought the JD 4115 and feel it is a perfect size for my needs, I do NOT mow with it, bought a JD 212 with 38" mower deck for that. But I BH and level, and dig and till and move, and haul and cut trees and grow rocks. I am very impressed with the performance of JD 4115 and I am sure you will get the same good advice from the Orange and Blue guys as well. ....

TRACTOR SIZE-11 ACRES

View my Photos
DenisS

2006-04-12          127624

Charlie, you can see by replies you're looking at a 30hp category. I have a 30hp B7800 on a property smaller than yours and I wouldn't want to go less than that. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login