Go Bottom Go Bottom

My kinda guy

View my Photos
Glenn-D
Posts: 54 Westmont, Illinois, summer home in Mountain Home Ar.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-24          72062

Ok, my opinion is seat belts are a personal choice. But:

http://www.wftv.com/news/2723587/detail.html

I do wear my belt while brush hogging. You don't want to
get bounced out in front of that mean ass unit behind ya.
As a home owner in Arkansas the news carries death by brush
hog several times a year.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

My kinda guy

View my Photos
harvey
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-24          72065

He's one of the lucky ones. ....

My kinda guy

View my Photos
BARNEE
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-24          72069

My neighbor (he's in his seventies) got knocked off his tractor by a limb while bushhogging. Lucky for him he got caught on the hitch frame of the bush hog & was dragged on the ground beside the bush hog & didn't get run over by it or the tractor. The tractor drug him about 100' until it ran into the barbed wire pasture fence he was mowing parallel to & was stopped by a corner post. Then it just spun it's wheels til we found him shortly thereafter. He ended up with a dislocated shoulder & a few bruises, but it could have been a lot worse. Where the accident occurred was out of sight from his house & ours too. Luckily we had something to do in that area that day & found him on the ground with the tractor still running. ....

My kinda guy

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2003-12-24          72077

It is the little things. I got my TC33D yesterday and of course put it right to work moving the Manure Pile to a better spot in the yard. I ended up stalling the tractor once as I forgot to put in Neutral prior to getting up out of the seat( guess I was still a little to excited about my new toy. Even though I had lowered the throttle and set the brake as soon as I lifted my weight off the seat. The engine stopped. A safety feature that I think all of the newer tractors now have for the very reason mentioned above.

My kinda guy

View my Photos
Chief

2003-12-24          72082

I read about this accident in the Drudge Report yesterday. I agree that seatbelts are a personal choice. I choose to wear them ALL the time except for when I have to operate with the ROPS folded down. I am amazed that the poor guy did not bleed to death. A horrible accident and I hope he recovers as much as is possible. ....

My kinda guy

View my Photos
Glenn-D
Posts: 54 Westmont, Illinois, summer home in Mountain Home Ar.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-24          72089

Yes, thats where I first saw it last night. More details are in the local paper by our summer home this morning.
The link is below. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login