Go Bottom Go Bottom

Restoring 1910 for my property

View my Photos
SnakeDoc
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-05-20          190338

Hello

I recently purchased a Ford New Holland 1910. Been restoring it slowly over the last month. Had to rebuild a cylinder on the FEL do to a leak.

Before the repair to the cylinder, there were bubbles in the hydraulic fluid. Now I have replaced the bad cylinder, and have noticed no leaks in the system, but the bubbles are still there. The dipstick (on the tractor, not me) shows plenty of fluid, and nothing seems to be amiss with tractor's operation, but the bubbles concern me.

Looking for any advice on what could be causing said bubbles.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Restoring 1910 for my property

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-05-27          190375

You don't needed a leak in order to have bubbles in a hydraulic system. It's commonly caused by cavitation.

If there is no one-way restrictor valve on the loader arm or bucket (curl) circuits then lowering the loader too quickly with a load on it the viscosity of the fluid versus the vacuum caused on the other side of the cylinder could cause air to be inhaled.

The one-way choke valve limits the speed of lowering or dumping the bucket to a point where the fluid can be taken up rather than cavitation.

Best of luck. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login