Go Bottom Go Bottom

Weed Clearing at Pond Edge

View my Photos
SkipThorn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2019-09-30          198752

Hi guys....I'm new on this site, but am wondering if anybody knows of a good tractor implement, used to drag the the pond weeds/grass, from the edges of the pond...I've seen a Komatsu mini-excavator & a long reach pond dredging excavator, but was curious if there is something else for rent or on the market..(short of grass carp) :-)
Thanks in advance!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Weed Clearing at Pond Edge

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-10-07          198779

A lot depends on how thick it is, what you have to work with and how willing you are to handle the work, Time wise.

If small tractor and it is real thick make you grapple hook or hooks and toss them past the weeds of course AFTER you attach it to your tractor. This assumes you have room for the tractor to pull the hooks onto the bank. I have seen land levelers that use a link chain type design with hooks on the bottom side that would flex and grab but those are heavier I believe than you could easy handle to get over the weeds.

Depending on the weeds, chemicals. Before you go that way be sure you are talking to a knowledgeable person. Assume you have life in the pond you wish to keep. I would not trust a single source on a web forum for what is safe. I can tell you some very popular chemicals can be used in the right set up and are labeled for that but make a small change in your own situation and it is not safe.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login