Go Bottom Go Bottom

tripping remote

View my Photos
RichM.
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-07-19          59797

Installed rear remote on Ford 2810 to run FEL. Whenever a cylinder is fully extended/collapsed remote lever trips to center.Normal or is there a fix ? Very annoying . Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

tripping remote

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-19          59800

Rich, that is normal. You talk as this is a problem but yet they are built that way to limit needless full pressure use of the pump when not in use. Why would you want to leave it on pressure?

tripping remote

View my Photos
TomG

2003-07-19          59802

I'm sort of flying blind here since my manuals cover compacts up to 2010's. I don't know if a 2810's have a manifold block that contains a diverter valve and system relief valve like is on compacts. If so, a typical loader installation would be from the auxiliary system ports on the manifold block to a typical power beyond type double spool valve assembly used for loaders.

It sort of sounds like there is a valve connected to the auxiliary system and that valve is used to feed a loader valve. I do something similar to power my backhoe from a third valve section that's on my loader valve. The valve is a typical spool valve with self-centering springs that I hold open with a bungee cord when using the hoe. I believe there are valves with detents that will hold themselves open but release under max pressure. That may be what's going on but if so, there are issues with bungee cording a valve open that should be understood.

tripping remote

View my Photos
RichM.

2003-07-20          59869

The problem is that it happens instantly when full travel is reached. There is not even enough time to release the loader joystick. This is my first experience with fel so maybe I just need to get used to it. Seems like a hassle though if you need to keep reaching under the seat every few minutes. You are on the right track TomG. I added this block on the manifold for the rear remotes. The body says " full out single operation" and " full in normal operation.The lever has detents for these positions. My dealer said the fel would run a little quicker with this setup vs. a power beyond. Thanks for the help. Bungee cord ?. May have to try it to give me a little reaction time ....

tripping remote

View my Photos
TomG

2003-07-21          59889

Sounds like it's happening when the loader reaches the limit of its travel and probably would happen with very heavy loads as well. Both would create high pressures that normally would open a pressure relief valve somewhere.

Since I'm not familiar with that type of remote I don't know where the pressure relief valves are in the system. The valve that's releasing may provide pressure relief so I wouldn't want to disable it. The release points may be adjustable and they may be below specs. If so a dealer could pressure test and adjust it. The loader valve probably has its own relief and that could be lowered below the remotes release pressure at a sacrifice in loader power.

tripping remote

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-21          59894

I don't understand why you would want to hold a cylinder and valve on pressure when it has reached it's full limit? ....

tripping remote

View my Photos
Murf

2003-07-21          59901

Art, I think you missed a key part of Rich's post, he said "it happens instantly when full travel is reached. There is not even enough time to release the loader joystick."

As I read it when he, for instance, rolls back the bucket, the second the bucket reaches the top of it's limit he loses power because the valve trips off.

I fail to see how this type of valve could allow better flow (speed) than a traditional PB kit, flow and therefore speed, is based on two factors, pump volume and restrictions. Assuming the pump doesn't change the only other factor is restrictions, maybe this valve is a large inside diameter in the ports and therefore allows higher flow rates.

Without seeing how this valve actually works or what it looks like I'm only guessing here but I would think there must be some sort of adjustment to the pressure limit at which the valve kicks off.

I know the valve on my logsplitter is adjustable that way because I put an adjustable collar on the piston rod and turned down the kick off point so I can quickly adjust the total travel for the auto-return function to match the length of the material I am splitting.

Best of luck. ....

tripping remote

View my Photos
Art White

2003-07-21          59907

Murf, chances are it is what he dealer had in stock. Most valves today and that one included do have adjustments. I would do a little comparision to see just what might be happening here as compared to other valves. ....

tripping remote

View my Photos
RichM.

2003-07-21          59914

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm going to ring up the dealer and see if the remote is adjustable. Seems the joystick block ( if I recall correctly )had its own relief. If it does I'll see if the remote can be tweaked to let the joystick protect the loader and still stay within reasonable limits. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login