Go Bottom Go Bottom

Woods vs Kubota loader

View my Photos
jataylor
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-06          54417

Looking at a Kubota 3130 with FEL. The dealer will install a Woods loader or Kubota. The Woods of comparable size is nearly $1000 less. The specs and design (round back bucket, valve type etc..) are very similar. I don't care about resale value, it would be higher with the Kubota. Is there any substantive reason I should go with one or the other??

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Woods vs Kubota loader

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-07          54451

The Woods company does make loaders for some of the manufacturers but not many. I would question the hook-up for a backhoe as to the type of hook-up on the tractor. The other part is read the warrantee on the tractor if it is still under warrantee that might make a difference. ....

Woods vs Kubota loader

View my Photos
dboone
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-08          54535

I have a Bush Hog brand FEL on my Kubota L3010. It seems to be built a little sturdier than the Kubota loaders. If I ever decide to add a backhoe attachment it will have to be the Bush Hog brand also. The subframe of any other brand of backhoe will not line up with the holes in the subframe of Bush Hog FEL, according to my dealer. I am very pleased with my FEL. ....

Woods vs Kubota loader

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-08          54538

Read this thread too. ....

Link:   

Click Here

Woods vs Kubota loader

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-05-11          54672

The primary concern, second to the warrantee aspect that Art pointed out, would be the structural strength of each.

Years ago, Woods manufactured all the FEL's for Orange. Then all of a sudden, early 1990's, orange was designing and manufacturing the FEL's themselves. Check the overall dimensioning of the materials used on both, including wall thickness, and pin sizing. Any two may look comparable, but strength and ease of control - such as the loader valve, do they both come equipped with a power beyond port? for example - and optional hookups, play key roles.

Willie H. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login