Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD 790 FEL

View my Photos
Tonyd99
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-11          50937

Hi all. I just purchased a JD 790. Its got an SC 2406 fel... anyone ever heard of this? Any specs on this. I searched the board and didn't get a hit. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 790 FEL

View my Photos
JackHerr

2003-03-11          50939

Yes. Actually, your 2406 loader was produced by SMC Corporation from Sioux Falls, SD. SMC produced loaders for years and for many large manufacturers like: Ford, New Holland, Kubota, Kioti & many others. Recently, SMC was purchased by Servis-Rhino which is part of the Alamo Group from Seguin, TX. The 2406 is still being marketed under the "Rhino" brand name. Is your head spinning yet?
The 2406 specs are as follows:
Max lift height: 71 inches w/ level bucket
Lift Cap. to max height at pivot pin: 795 lbs.
Lift Cap. to max height: 550 lbs.
Breakout force at pivot pin: 1711 lbs.
Breakout force: 1128 lbs.
The above specs are from a piece of Rhino literature dated 7/02. Specs are based on a hydraulic system pressure of 2000 psi and 5 gallons per minute.
Call Rhino at 1-877-408-3297 for current literature and an operator's manual for your loader. ....

Link:   

Click Here

JD 790 FEL

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2003-03-11          50982

WOW,This why tractor point is the best forum ever !!!!! ....

JD 790 FEL

View my Photos
JimP

2003-03-11          50991

And for those who may not recoginize SMC Corporation by name, you may recognize them by their former name: Schwartz Manufacturing who are well known in the FEL arena.

JackHerr - thanks for the updated information -- I had been trying to track down what happened to them, as they used to make loaders for the Bolens Isekis. ....

JD 790 FEL

View my Photos
Tonyd99

2003-03-11          51005

Double WOW! I'd like to second JAZAK's comments - love this board! Much thanks to Jack for digging out the details on this loader and Jim for adding to my already full head. I plan to read through the JD manual(to test whether my head will explode) to check on the expected hydro pressure. As I plan to use this tractor to move around some sizable rocks (close to 500lbs) I wonder if this unit will be able to do this. Is rated capacity at max lift lower than say, just off the deck? Also the bucket looks a bit..hmm frail. Maybe I expected something beefier but recognize that the more the bucket weighs, the less you can put into the bucket. Will a tooth bar help to strengthen the bucket (as well as help with digging)? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login