Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota vs NewHolland loader

View my Photos
Petrops
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-10-07          43475

I am shopping for a tractor (my first). I am new to the board and think it will be really valuable. I hope to contribute more than I take over the years. I saw a demo of a used NH 2120 today and the loader seems to accomplish all that I can imagine I would need. I am generally drawn to the Kubotas and have a good deal on a used 3710 available but want to be sure that the FEL is as capable as the NH I saw today. THe Kubota FEL is the LA682 and the available specs are pretty clear Lift Capacity: (Bucket Center) 1499 lbs & Breakout Force 3055. The NH site http://www.newholland.com/na/Products/frontend.html is less clear for the FEL model 7309
giving only 2 numbers (1,350-2,450 lbs)and no real details on what they represent. Does anyone know how these 2 FELs stack up?

Thanks a lot

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-10-07          43501

I am sure the lift capacity of both machines exceeds the real world usage requirements. In other words, I doubt you could get 1500# of the heaviest material you are going to cart around into that size bucket.
So..... be at peace grasshopper, both are more than adequate for the job. Look at other factors to decide which to buy, like seating comfort or bottom line price. ....

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-10-08          43537

Welcome aboard!

If you haven't read in the archives, there's a bunch about specs and buying a first tractor. I'd also read everything about safety I could find.

Mark's point about specs is well taken. Most tractors of similar HP fitted with recommended sized attachments and implements do about the same work in the same time. Specs are what the manufacturers give us to initially attract us to their products. Specs are in part advertising and also in part defined from a manufacturer's view of safety and durability. Sometimes the definitions used are different and getting into specs evaluation can end up going around in confusing circles. Going through specs is a good way to start learning about how tractors work though.

Since many people think in terms of keeping a tractor for decades, maybe the most important thing in buying a tractor to start out by REALLY REALLY liking it. There can be an awfully lot of time for minor irritations with a tractor to grow on you and small price differences spread over decades really don’t amount to much. The dealer also has a bunch to do with liking a tractor.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login