Go Bottom Go Bottom

John Deere 75 loader problem

View my Photos
S bogusta
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-04-12          37364

I posted a question reguarding my 75 loader not working properly. Sincne then I replaced all the quick connectors ect. as recomended. I now am able to lift and lower the bucket, as well as roll bucket forward. I removed the SCV
valve from the machine, a John Deere 850. The "roll lever"
does not travel the way it should. The lift lever moves freely in and out. The roll lever only moves out. I removed the "controll rod" from the houseing, to see what may be holding it back. Everything looks good. The rod will only pull out of ,and not in. John Deere wants 875.00 for a replacement. I priced the componants to rebuild the one rod, and they cost less than 20.00. Do you think I am wasteing my time? What could be causing this. Thanks Steve

Link:   850 Scv valve shcematic

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Paul Fox

2002-04-13          37369

John Deere is out of their tiny little mind on parts prices. I buy parts from JD only as a last resort. Go with the rebuild kit. If that doesn't fly, get an after market valve from a hydraulic supply place. The 850 SCV should be just like the one on my 750, and I can get them for less than $100 a section. ....

View my Photos
S Bogusta

2002-04-13          37370

Paul, Are control valves available in the same size and configuration as the JD SCV? Will I be able to bolt this valve right up? The 750 does have the exact same valve as the 850. Who did you buy from? Thanks Steve ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-04-13          37375

The success of new o-rings largely depends on whether the valve spool bores are scored. Rebuilding a valve with a scored bore sort of depends on construction of the particular valve. Some are more rebuildable than others.

Most places are going to have a machine shop that specializes in repair of hydraulic components. It sure would be worthwhile to locate such a shop and get an opinion.

Unfortunate, but it seems unlikely that an SCV from an after-market manufacturer would exactly be a bolt-in replacement. I suppose if somebody is going to charge that much for a valve, they're unlikely to make is easy for people to use an alternative. Of course, the outrageousness of $875 U.S. for a new SCV does pale in comparison to a price of $634 CAN for a hydraulic t-fitting adapter I got from NH. At least there are moving parts in an SCV.

I’m off to a hydraulic shop myself in a few weeks to get a t-fitting adapter made from the elbow-fitting that normally goes in the line. The elbow cost me $36 CAN, which is still pretty outrageous.

View my Photos
Paul Fox

2002-04-13          37383

I was looking into adding a third SCV so I could run my power-angle back blade without unhooking my loader hoses. The same type of valve (open center, etc) was available from Northern Tool (aka Northern Hydraulics) for $50. It doesn't appear that it would hook directly to the valve stack John Deere uses, but for that price you could replace them both. Got to Northern's website and look at part number 201612 ....

View my Photos
SBogusta

2002-04-13          37388

Paul,
I checked out the Northern site, and the valve looks good.
I think I can make a bracket to adapt it. Do I need 2 of these? It says it's a 4 way open center. I am just operating my loader. Thanks Steve ....

View my Photos
S Bogusta

2002-04-13          37390

Paul, Do you think I can use the wobble stick northern has? part # 2010
I am comfortable operating thi kind of control. thanks Steve ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
S Bogusta

2002-04-13          37391

Paul, Do you think I can use the wobble stick northern has? part # 2010
I am comfortable operating thi kind of control. thanks Steve ....

Link:   

Click Here

Picture Link
Loaders Back Hoes John Deere 75 loader problem

View my Photos
Paul Fox

2002-04-14          37396

That part number doesn't cross to a "wobble valve" as I understand the term. If you are speaking of a joystick control, where fore-and-aft control once function and left-and-right control another, that type of valve would work fine. The one that came up when I typed in the part number you gave me is a single valve with a slightly different handle. It's also rated at too low a PSI.

If you want a joystick control, and can find one at a decent price, that would work fine, you just have to figure out how to plumb it up. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-04-14          37401

I'd check the gmp rating of the Northern valves. I heard a story from somebody who bought a 20-gmp valve. When it arrived, it was about as big as the tractor (I exaggerate a bit). He proceeded to try and sell the valve at a very attractive price or just give it away. ....

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-04-14          37409

There are better sites for hydrallic valves than Northern. Is there any other name on the valve in question than JD. I am sure the exact valve is sold minus the green paint. You should be able to hunt through the valve manufactures and find the valve based on shape.
You may need to look through some other options. There are a couple of suppliers that have a variety of parts. McMaster Carr, Princess Auto etc. ....

Link:   Parker

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login