Go Bottom Go Bottom

Loader Bucket Mystery

View my Photos
Mrwurm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-02-09          35433

I have read posts on this board that mention a 4-N-1 bucket for a loader. I was watching the John Deere video today (about 4000 series tractors), they said that a 4-N-1 bucket is available as an option. The did'nt show what it looked like. Ok, just what is a 4-N-1 bucket???

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Loader Bucket Mystery

View my Photos
TomG

2002-02-10          35445

There's a pic of one at: http://www.marionmachine.com/Four-in-One.htm. I'm not sure what all the four ways are, but one of them is a blade. The negative rap on them I've heard is that they weigh more than a regular bucket, which cuts down the lifting capacity. ....

Loader Bucket Mystery

View my Photos
Gary in Indiana

2002-02-14          35613

As with most 'combination' tools, this will do more than any individual tool but won't do any of the functions as well. The same holds true for the four-N-one bucket. Consider that before you buy one. ....

Loader Bucket Mystery

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-02-15          35634

I have never seen on in operation in a small tractor, but on larger backhoes and tract loaders. The 4 in 1 bucket can do things no other bucket can do.
In the westcoast operators would use them for clearing. The bucket can clamp on stumps etc and pick them up to deposit them on a pile. I have seen the 4 in 1 action on trackhoes also for clearing large timber.
I guess you could do the some with smaller trees. ....

Loader Bucket Mystery

View my Photos
Ken Butner

2002-02-20          35747

My personal opinion is that a 4 in 1 bucket is far superior to a standard bucket. I have a JD4300 tractor with a 430 loader and a JD 4 in 1 bucket. It is so much more versatile than a regular bucket. I can grapple brush piles, pick up logs, stumps, etc. I can open the bucket and utilize it in MANY ways to do various grading task. Also, when scooping up piles of materials, you can actually "bite" the bucket full (gets it fuller). This is also very useful if the pile is getting too small to scoop up the typical way. Granted the 4n1 bucket is a little heavier and does reduce your total lift capacity by a couple hundred pounds, but if your pushing the specs that close on your tractor, you probably purchased something undersized for your needs. To me, buying the 4n1 made my loader more useful than just getting a standard bucket. I would never do without one now. Of all the accessories I purchased for my tractor, that was the best money spent. ....

Loader Bucket Mystery

View my Photos
Pigtyme

2002-07-05          40077

I have a 1998 B2400 2WD (actually two of them) that I use in my landscape business. I want to add a front loader with 4N1 bucket to mainly use to load brush, trash and move mulch. My Kubota dealer is hard selling me a new B2910 4WD saying B2400 is not enough tractor for 4N1 loader. Tractor only has 255 hours and he is offering lousy trade. I think it will handle what I will use it for. Has anyone used 4N1 on a B2400 and can give me an honest opinion? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login