Go Bottom Go Bottom

New Holland TC33D 14LA Loader Installtion

View my Photos
4bigblue
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-06-02          183736

First Post

Hello to all; I am a new member and this is my first post. I have a 2000 NH TC33D with only 470 hours; love it. I have been wanting to mount a FEL on my 33D for several years.

How I came to join your fine forum was a 2004 thread on modifying the 14LA to fit on the TC33D as well as the 33DA's.

I have just purchased a brand new, on the pallet, 2006 14LA from a NH dealership that is trying to liquidate some older stock. The unit is pristine and has been stored inside with no weather damage at all. Everything is included plus the quick attach front plate. I don’t want to make you guys sick, so I’m not going to tell you the small amount of money that I paid for it. It will be arriving in three weeks or so.

I have read everything there is to read on this issue and understand the limitations of the TC33D’s front axle. I was encouraged with the comments from the TP member that said the 14LA would indeed mount to the 33D. My 14LA will be coming with the standard 68 inch bucket. I plan on replacing this bucket with a 60 inch bucket to help limit the weight on the front axle. What are your feelings on that idea?

My last question is, will the hydraulics and everything else hook up without a lot of modifications? Also, at one point in my investigations I managed to get a NH service tech to tell me that the 14LA will fit the 33D, but he said he thought that I would have to add a couple of spacers for the frame attachment. He thought, but wasn't absolutely sure, that the width of the frame for the 33DA was a little wider than the 33D. Does that make sense to you or will it fit without spacers, the only difference being the extra hole that the TP member mentioned?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated, since I want to be able to start on the installation of my loader when it arrives. I'm thanking members in advance for any information they can shed on this topic.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-06-11          183849

Sorry there've been no responses but I guess it's an unusual situation. Speaking generally (I have no experience with that brand) FEL installation is not a DIY operation, and the bucket width is a function of distance between arms.

You shouldn't expect front-end problems if you don't overload and take it easy on the steering and over bumps. ....

View my Photos
4bigblue

2012-07-02          184123

Thanks "auerbach", I appreciate you getting back with me even if you didn't have a lot of info. In regard to the lack of participation; for some reason I have this type of luck on forums. I actually find it a bit humorous. I notice that many times the folks that get all kinds of participation on a thread are those that kind of "throw a thead together", miss-spell words, leave critical pieces of information out and are vague. You can count on these wonderful carefree folks getting ten or fifteen participants to their thread. Try and take the time to put a succinct and detailed enquiry together and everyone is on vacation. I'm not bitter about it, like I said it's kind of amusing. My 14LA arrived the other day and I'm more than satisfied with it's quality. The installation sheets were unreadable so NH is sending me new ones. If you and the forum are interested, I'll give you a rundown of how the installation goes.

Tahnks ....

View my Photos
4bigblue

2012-07-02          184124

Here I am talking about others mis-spelling words. I think "Tahnks" is spelled "Thanks"!

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login