Go Bottom Go Bottom

Cub Cadet loader problem

View my Photos
Praire
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-01-17          168117

I have a Cub Cadet 7205 tractor with a 416 loader. The problem is that the loader lowers very jerky unless you lower very slowly or lower at full speed. Operating normally, smooth lowering is difficult without great care. Oil level is good. I haven't seen an adjustable relief valve on this loader.
Does anyone have ideas on how to fix the problem?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Cub Cadet loader problem

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-01-18          168118

Prairie;
Do your loader hydraulic lines have quick disconnect couplers in them for removal of the loader? If so one of them may have a weak or broken spring behind the ball. Try replacing both halves of the quick coupler with a pipe coupler or a quick coupler known to be good. Frank. ....

Cub Cadet loader problem

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-01-19          168132

If that doesn't work it could be something in the controller. You could interchange the four couplers to see if the fault shows up in some other function, thereby isolating the problem. ....

Cub Cadet loader problem

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-01-19          168133

I'd also be looking for leaks. They can be the most frustrating thing especially when they don't show oil running out of them but they could be sucking air in! Check all of your lines that are used in the lowering cycle for any sign of flaws where you could be letting air into the system. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login