Go Bottom Go Bottom

Loader wont lift

View my Photos
SKUHNLY
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-06-21          131158

My JD70 loader on my JD855 tractor wont lift. It tilts and dumps but it wont lift. I bled the hydraulic line and it worked for about 10 minutes and then stopped working again. A dealer said it could be a Priority valve or maybe the lift cylinders need to be resealed. What do you think? Thanks for your help!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Loader wont lift

View my Photos
hardwood

2006-06-21          131167

Try switching circuts, Turn off engine then work the hyd levers back and forth till all pressure is relieved then uncouple the hoses then plug them back in with the bucket cylinders in the lift circut and lift cyls pluged into the bucket curl outlets. Then if the loader lifts and the bucket don't curl you will know the problem is with the hyd valve on the tractor if the opposite is true,(bucket curls and lift still don't work), then the problem is in the loader, most likely a coupler is locked from a broken or weak spring. Even badly worn cylinders usually will still lift, but settle back quickly, so I would doubt that the lift cylinders are causing the problem. Good luck. Frank. ....

Loader wont lift

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2006-06-21          131203

Excellent answer Frank! ....

Loader wont lift

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2006-06-21          131206

I had the same problem , I concur on the coupler issue. ....

Loader wont lift

View my Photos
SKUHNLY

2006-06-22          131272

I followed all the suggestions and it was able to lift however a friend noticed the coupler appeared to be broken with the pin in the center jammed against the wall of the coupler. I went to the dealer for parts and he said that was probably the cause. I replaced it, changed tranny fluid and filter and it worked great for 10 minutes now the bucket wont curl. so I looked and another coupler was broken as well. So I went and bought 3 more to replace all of them, I think that should do it, right? Thanks you very much for your help, this board is the greatest! Scott ....

Loader wont lift

View my Photos
redbaron

2020-03-24          199016

Hi Frank,
I saw your reply about the loader circuit switch. I haven't tried that yet since the loader is brand new. I will give it a shot though. It did move at first but was unpredictable. The tractor is a Kubota L2650 (1997) with only 1200 hrs on it. I cleaned the hyd filter and had to add 3 gallons of fluid to top it off. I just bought the tractor and it never had a loader on it before, just a 3-point. I can see the fluid in the sight window now. I've lifted the arms with a floor jack and tried to cycle the up command. Then dropped it with the down command. There is no leak down. I was trying to bleed any air out of the system since the rams are most likely empty.
Any thoughts on this one? Thanks, Jeff ....

Loader wont lift

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2020-03-26          199017

If you're experiencing loss of power in just one circuit the most likely culprit s a Quick Connect fitting that isn't properly connected.

As mentioned previously, with the engine off cycle ALL circuits on the loader joystick then trace the lines for the lift / lower circuits and disconnect / reconnect them and try again.

Best of luck. ....

Loader wont lift

View my Photos
redbaron

2020-03-26          199018

Hey Murph,
I actually figured it out just last night. I bled all of the rams at the fittings and still had the same issue. I called Westendorf and spoke with their tech. He suggested activating the 3point first then the loader. That didn't work. Then he suggested turning the captured screw in the hydraulic block along the frame rail. I turned it about 90 degrees and the whole system came alive. I think that since the tractor never had a loader before the system was in the off mode. I used it all morning so far and it is working fine now.
Thank you for replying. It seems a lot of guys are having that problem so I'll definitely keep an eye on the quick connections.
Jeff ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login