Go Bottom Go Bottom

Funny Noise

View my Photos
Normando
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-10-30          118681

I have an older tractor with a front end loader (JD Model 80) that I recently rebuilt. I had the hydraulic cylinders rebuilt and they were tested. New hydraulic lines were added and everything looked good.

After starting the tractor I allowed it to warm up. I pulled the lever and the bucket curled up. Good sign. Then I pulled the lever that operates the arms and nothing. Then as I continued to pull the lever I started to hear a funny noise, which seems to be coming from the control valve. Sorry I cannot describe the noise any better than that, though it does seem to be like a vibrating noise. Then the bucket lever, which was working, stopped and it to started to make that noise when I pulled the lever. I think the relief valve, which is built into the control valve, may cause the noise but I cannot be positive.

I can get the bucket and arm to move but only very, very slowly. If I grab the levers and barely move then the bucket and arm will move. If I fully engage the levers, the bucket and arm stop working and the noise reappears. Also the tractor has to be at low idle. Tap the throttle and the bucket and arm stop working and the noise reappears.

Here is what I have tried: Check the fluid level, switch the hydraulic line from the bucket to the arm and visa versa, all other hydraulic components work fine. I believe it is the relief valve in the control valve but the control valve is no longer made or supported JD. Is there a way I can troubleshoot this part (it rather expense)? Should I remove the part and try to rebuild it (even thought I cannot get parts). Can I adjust the relief valve?

Thank you

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Funny Noise

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-31          118685

Normando,

I will take a stab at this. The 80 loader was used on the 850, 950, and 1050 compact utility tractors. The SCV's are not listed with the FEL itself as the SCV's and joystick come with and are normally part of the tractor. We or a good John Deere parts dealer are gonna need your tractor model and serial number to determine which kit you needs.

As and EXAMPLE I have posted a link to a rebuild kit for an SCV on one of these machines. It is not the proper kit but kits can be purchased for your FEL as far as I can see. If you parts dept. at your Deere dealer is not able to find the kit you need; let me know and I can post the toll free phone number for my friend who is the parts manager at my dealer. ....

Link:   SELECTIVE CONTROL VALVE HOUSING & Components

Funny Noise

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-31          118686

By the way, the part number for the kit on this particular SCV is: AR92629 but is listed as an invalid number. A good partsman should be able to find the rebuild kit for you. ....

Funny Noise

View my Photos
Normando

2005-10-31          118690

2ndhandlion

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes I researched this item and that was how I found out it was no longer valid. The part index referrers me to a new control valve which is a couple hundred dollars. Since I was unable to find a rebuilt kit, I wanted to make certain of my problem before spending that kind of money. I’d hate to spend a couple hundred bucks to find out I still have the same problem.

Funny Noise

View my Photos
Normando

2005-11-10          119197

Well I guess I don't have a good parts man. They keep telling me AR94593 (kit) is no loger made and I need to replace it with AM107083. Ummmm......

Kit $20 bucks, new SCV $430.00 and they have the new SVC in stock. Go figure! Sounds like I am dealing with a salesman and not a partsman.

Funny Noise

View my Photos
Chief

2005-11-10          119208

I can give you Ricky's toll free number. If anyone can find what you want, he can. Ricky is the parts manager for the Deere Dealer I deal with. ....

Funny Noise

View my Photos
Normando

2005-11-10          119213

Ok that sounds great. Do you list his number here or do you want to send me an e-mail?

Thank you.

Funny Noise

View my Photos
Chief

2005-11-10          119217

Ricky's number is 1-800-726-7172. Tell Ricky I (Randy)sent you. Below is their website link. ....

Link:   Hutson at Russellville

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login