Go Bottom Go Bottom

Loader bucket weld-on cutting edge

View my Photos
dfkrug
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-01          115743

Anyone know a source for beveled weld-on cutting edges?
I know SSB Tractor has them on their web site, but I can
not seem to get them to respond with firm pricing.

My local tractor places are outrageous.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-09-01          115745

We use the bolt-on replacements for either a pickup truck snowplow or a small road grader depending on what size machine it's for.

They are much cheaper and very readily available. Check with any place that sells snowplows, or the dealer listings on the manufacturers websites. For the larger ones just ask at your local municipal works yard where they buy them from. They may even have one that is too worn down for their machine they will give you for free, it will still last you a lifetime.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2005-09-01          115746

We sell many from Case-IH parts thru a program called ship direct and they seem to be priced right as several welding shops that got all the old edges off the local town snow plows are coming to us to buy them. They are easier to install as all demensions are consistent. They come with a nice taper to the edge and many sizes in depth and thickness as well as types as some are made to fit although the most common we sell are blank stock. ....

View my Photos
jamese
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-09-01          115779

you can buy 4inch wide generic cutting edge from most "Construction Attachment" dealers,,Const Attach is based in NC,,last I bought was $2.00 per inch ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-09-01          115782

If construction attachment cutting edges are the same ones that they use on there buckets they are extremely soft and wear very quickly. The cutting edges you get from a New Holland or CaseIH dealer are much harder and do not wear nearly as quick. ....

View my Photos
dfkrug

2005-09-01          115798

No snow in my area, so no plow steel. But I have
ordered plow steel (unbeveled) for a backhoe bucket
before (shipped from the midwest).

A 1/2" x 4" beveled piece of plow steel
is about 6 lb/foot, or about 30 lb for a 60" piece.
This is "hot rolled medium carbon" C-1055 steel.
It shouldn't cost over $100 (you would think).

Unfortunately my steel supplier (PDM) can't get it.

View my Photos
earthwrks

2005-09-02          115857

I would visit my local welding/fabricating shop or larger construction equipment company and see if they have some odd- sized cutting edge laying around that they would want to get rid of. Some come with 90 degree bends on the neds that willo certian machines unless modified. You can always grind or torch off what you don't need. Or even talk to larger rental yards (like a Cat dealer) and see where they get their cutting edges done. I have had the same cutting edge on my backhoe for 6 years now and it looks new. New then was about $180 from the New Holland dealer, and $250 for a friend to remove and replace. I used one intended for a larger front end loader. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login