Go Bottom Go Bottom

Which blade to buy-box blade vs rear blade

View my Photos
chrisscholz
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-17          121239

Just purchased used jd 3520 with 300cxfel and need to buy a blade to finish grading the new yard, maintain 600ft of rock driveway, and do snow removal for next winter. I know each piece of equipment has a specific use. Is this a good idea: buy a 6ft box blade with scarifiers, and I can use this to maintain and crown rock driveway buy adjusting the 3pt to tilt the blade. For snow, I thought about welding quick tach brackets to an old 6ft blade with shoes and mount it to the FEL. Or should I buy a nice 3pt rear blade that tilts, etc, and buy the bolt on box ends to help finish grade? Then there are pto rotary rakes, pulverizers, etc. ANy advice?????

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Which blade to buy-box blade vs rear blade

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-18          121249

For the yard grading and driveway maintenance, the box blade is the way to go. For snow removal, there are many options and many opinions you will find on this board. There is at least one person who uses a box blade for snow. He does it by going backwards and using the blade on the backside of the box blade.

I have both a box blade and a 6ft regular blade that I use for snow. I got my regular blade used for not a lot of money. Used ones, if basic, can be found for $150 or less. If you are doing driveway maintenance and yard grading, I'd go with teh box blade. I think you will be much happier with that for those jobs. If you do a search and look back to this summer, you will find posts on using a box blade for driveways and yards. I think Murf did some good instructions in several posts. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login