Go Bottom Go Bottom

Heads up for easy gearbox oil changes

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-06          56835

Not as good as removing the gearbox and cleaning or draining it out but gets almost as much and you don't have to remove the mower or impliment. I have the Model 650. They can be purchased at boat discount stores for around $50.

Link:   Link to oil changer

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Heads up for easy gearbox oil changes

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-06          56965

This little gadget was particularly handy last time I did the oil change in my Cummins and had a brain fart. Right before I started the engine I checked the level and then I realized that I had poured 22 qts. of oil instead of the specified 11. I did not want to waist that much oil so I was able to draw out 11 qts. and save the day. I also plan to change the oil in the differentials with this until I get my Mag-Hytech differential covers installed. Works great on the Sea Ray engine as there is no access to the oil pan drain plug. Not unless you are a midget contortionist. Also use it to draw water out of really difficult areas to get to in the bilge. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login