Go Bottom Go Bottom

50hr service for the BX22

View my Photos
homedad5acre
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-20          55142

My BX22 is fast coming up on 50hrs (37hrs in 3weeks) and the OM says it time for oil&filter changes. The OM tells what kind of oil but it does not have part #s for the filters. Anyone know the filter #s? I'm hoping that the local NAPA store has them, they said they might but I don't know the #s. The kubota dealer is 75miles round trip and they want $275 for this maintenance interval . Also I notice that my BX22 slowly backs up when I'm off the pedal. Anyone else have this problem? Does anyone think that $275 is a good value for this service? I am thinking about it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-20          55151

Be sure to lube the pivot of the hydro petal. They all to often get a little sticky. Kubota's filters are made by Fleetgaurd. They would be the closest to factory originals to give you the performance that Kubota was looking for with there tractors at this time. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-20          55158

Mine did the creepy thing.

I can go read the Kubota part numbers off my spare filters if that helps. Can also send the approved procedure for adjusting the creep.

Also check the link below for on-line parts ordering. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-05-20          55160

Art, speaking of the pivot on the pedal, mine is real hard to force the grease into.

I checked the zerk and it is open. Came to the conclusion that there are REAL tight tolerances in there.

Anything else I should do? ....

View my Photos
delvinmuglas

2003-05-20          55216

I also have 37 hours on my new BX-22. I just purchased filters from my dealer. The oil was 70000-15241 and was only $5.55. The hydraulic was k2561-36990 and was $17.34. I asked for price for the service manual so I can to my own maintenance. They quoted me a WHOPPING $80.00 for the service manual and another $53.00 if I wanted the parts manual to go with it. Are these people insane???? On the subject of the 50 hour service, are you supposed to completely drain and change the hydraulic oil? ....

View my Photos
wolfcreek

2003-05-20          55220

How much oil does the BX22 hold. I am looking at JD 2210 & Bx 2200. JD 2210 holds 2.1 qt. w/filter. Not much oil for a recomended 200 hr. service. That's like driving your car about 8,000 miles under severe conditions. ....

View my Photos
homedad5acre

2003-05-20          55225

Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. Delinmuglas they are shameless, to think that I spent $21000 and know I have to buck up for a service and parts manual. It's not like I'm going into the repair business for crying out loud. However it is still cheaper to get the manuals and the parts and do it yourself. As in the case of over priced music & movie CD's/DVD's perhaps pirated copies are available. Most will say it is stealing but the way things are these days I can't tell the differance between a legitimate business and the crooks. Some might say that you really don't know how to steal till you start a legitimate business. One thing I can tell you is that they are not insane. If there is anyone out there that has a copy of the service & parts manual for the BX22 and would like to share it, I have my e-mail posted. america20102(at)yahoo.com I would be most grateful. Thanks again to all of you! ....

View my Photos
homedad5acre

2003-05-20          55226

Mark, I would like to have that procedure for adjusting the creep. Thanks ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-05-21          55262

The parts manual is available online..... I just have to remember where. I'll see if I can find the creep adjustment. ....

View my Photos
stevenc

2003-07-26          60166

HI,,I know the BX22 and the BX 2200 are differet,,be aware there was a update on the hydro pedel on the BX2200 about 2 years ago,,the up date added a grease fitting to the pivot point on the pedal,,this was a FREE up date from Kubota,,THIS is IMPORTANT,,so ask your Kubota dealer,,even if you bought it used,,probably,he will help out! Steve ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login