Go Bottom Go Bottom

Powershift transmission problems

View my Photos
hanajack
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-05-18          183573

Looking for knowledgeable people/information on my Honda Diesel 6522 compact tractor. After 19 years I'm having powershift [main] transmission problems after some front-end-off-the-ground pulling.

I have considered this the "Rolls Royce" of compact tractors. Unfortunately Honda Power Equipment stopped making anything with a seat about 10 years ago - I think because they got fed up with the suits/legal system.

Any help/advise/information will be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-05-19          183581

I for one didn't even know that Honda made them, but if you describe the type of transmission and its problem, one of us might be able to help. ....

View my Photos
hanajack
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2012-05-23          183624

Quote:
Originally Posted by auerbach | view 183581
I for one didn't even know that Honda made them, but if you describe the type of transmission and its problem, one of us might be able to help.

It has two transmissions: The Main, a 3 forward and reverse powershift; and the Aux/Range, a geared 3 speed with no separate clutch. [9F & 3R] The problem is with the powershift. As you know, a powershift is hydraulically activated but with stacked multi-clutches and accumulators for each gear. [My '80's Cat bulldozer has a powershift]. The Honda, in addition, has a main clutch with 8 pressure and friction plates off the input shaft.
It's complicated especially since it seems OK in any range in reverse. Otherwise I would think the problem was with the main clutch.
Any ideas? If you are really curious you could go to:

http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Compact%20Tractor/0/H6522%20A4H-A%20COMPACT%20TRACTOR,%20JPN,%20VIN%23%20TZAD-1001870%20TO%20TZAD-1099999/parts.html

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login