Go Bottom Go Bottom

Yanmar KE2 fuel injector repair

View my Photos
redishness
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-07-28          144120

I am looking at a yanmar ke-2 tractor and the feul injector is not working i have removed it and need some help finding a price to get it repaired. the hr meter reads 8 hrs it has a front end loader and looks to be in good cond. but has been sitting outside for about a year is 3500.00 a fair price? please help...

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-28          144122

Redishness,

Before I go any further here, I would like you to be aware of the fact that the hour meters in these foreign tractors are of very poor quality. I've seen several of these meters quit working well before the 100 hour mark. And due to the fact that these parts are not easy find, most people don't bother replacing them. I suspect the tractor you're looking at probably has quite a few more hours on it than the meter shows -- but that's just a guess on my part.

Yanmar parts can be found at the following site. I hope they have what you're looking for.

From the good people at Hoye Tractor.........

July- 2007 No More Obsolete Yanmar Tractor Gaskets! We are proud to announce that we have just purchased a computer controlled gasket making machine. With this machine we can now re-produce almost any gasket on a Yanmar tractor in just a few seconds!

May- 2007 We have just bought another Yanmar dealer's inventory along with a new load of salvage Yanmar tractors. Save money on good used parts. See what new models we have here.

Models To Avoid

YM177 - no chance of getting parts - very rare model
YM350 - Korean market model - no chance of getting parts
YM455 - Korean market model - no chance of getting parts
YM273 - no chance of getting parts - very rare model
YM1110 - limited chance of getting parts - very rare model

YM2200 - Rare model - parts availability getting better though
YM2700 - Rare model - parts availability getting better though

New 3 digit "F" series tractors like F195, F395, etc. These are still very new to the US and there are no operation manuals or service manuals for them. Parts availability is very limited at this time. It will get better but it could still be many years before the parts supply catches up with them like the YM series tractors.

More info at the link posted below.....

I'm not sure if $3500.00 is a good price, especially if there are no parts or manuals available for your tractor. Please give the people at Hoye Tractor a call before committing to this tractor.

Joel ....

Link:   Hoye Tractor -- Yanmar Parts New and Used

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-28          144133

How do you know it's the injector and not something else?

If it were me, I'd tell the seller that you'll pay the extra $XX for the injector---after the sale---if he buys it and installs it and it runs acceptable to you. If he backs away from the offer, then he may know that in fact it's not the problem. If he's a motivated seller he'd jump on the offer.

If he won't deal and you're willing to chance it, find the injector FIRST and buy the machine. I've had decent "luck" buying something that didn't run at all. Sometimes the owner had no clue how to service it or grew tired of working on it. BEWARE THOUGH! It's like buying a pig in a poke though. The last "pig" I bought for a $1000 didn't run at all. I put a starter and a battery in it, made several grand working it and sold it two years later for $4500. ....

View my Photos
leejohn

2007-07-29          144140

I would go to that site and read Bleeding Fuel System it might help you out. Lee

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login