Go Bottom Go Bottom

Backward backhoe

View my Photos
chelydra
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-18          83553

I am considering a BX-23, even though it's really over-budget right now. Plan to do landscaping on 2.5 acres, plus snow removal. Doesn't seem to be much market in used BX-22/23s here in eastern Mass.

One of my main jobs is lifting out fair-sized trees and shrubs for transplanting. The backhoe is way too small to go over them. Has anyone ever heard of mounting a bucket backwards so it scoops away from the machine?

Other questions, if anyone here knows: What's the largest bucket that the machine will mount? 16" would be more useful to me than the little one that seems standard. Also, I need to shape a bunch of slopes from beneath. How far up and out will the backhoe reach, and can it push good-sized rocks (say 300#) up-slope? What about pushing rocks sideways on level ground by swinging the BH?

Thanks very much for all info.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Backward backhoe

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-19          83597

I think such things are available and are called shovels. I can't recall hearing of them used on compact tractors and I'm not sure one would do the job if I understand the problem. There is quite a bit of discussion in the archives about ways to remove stumps. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login