Go Bottom Go Bottom

Taylor-Way backhoe Reviews

View my Photos
ski-NC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-02-05          151110

Anyone have experience or problems putting a Taylor-Way,3-Point Backhoe (766) on a Kubota L2900 with a FEL? Will only be doing light to medium farm work.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
newholland10

2008-02-27          151744

iused to be service manager at southside kubota.i my self installed a few woods backhoe.and a few kubota hoes. they were not to bad.need any help just ask i will see what i can do ....

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-28          151759

We installed a Taylor Way backhoe on a B7800. We fabricated a sub-frame for the hoe, we would not 3-pt mount a backhoe on any tractor. The backhoe weighs around 1000 lbs. With the weight of the hoe, and the dipper stick force, the reactions at the top link are too high for the tractor. If the top link bracket doesn't brake off the axle housing, you run the risk of bell housing damage.

The Back-hoe itself is a good solid unit. The swing circuit is a little touchy, but the hoe runs great. Just don't hang it off the 3-point. Sub-frame mount the backhoe and you will like the results. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-02-29          151771

Beagle, my dedicated medium-sized backhoe loader had the same issue when I changed the swing cylinder hoses to larger diameter ones also getting rid of the small, seemingly restrictive fittings at the cylinder (couldn't figure out why they used 1/4" ID). Well, I had to reinstall the restrictive fittings to slow it back down.
Without the restrictions I could slide the machine sideways just by jerking and stopping the hoe quickly---not the kind of thing you want to do digging a 10' trench! And I save money on keeping a stock of baby wipes and spare undies in the truck : ) ....

View my Photos
ski-NC

2008-03-07          151992

Beagle;
Thanks for the great info, do you have any pictures and data of the sub-frame you all made? Again THANK YOU ....

View my Photos
ski-NC

2008-03-08          152016

newholland 10;
Still working on the backhoe buy, but need your expertise on a Kubota problem, the glowplug light stays on all the time. The tractor starts up easy everytime even when the temps dop into the 20's over night. What puts the light out, is it a certian temp at the glowplug or a time period after the key is turned on? ....

View my Photos
lacefieldfar

2009-03-01          160709

Quote:
Originally Posted by ski-NC | view 152016
newholland 10; Still working on the backhoe buy, but need your expertise on a Kubota problem, the glowplug light stays on all the time. The tractor starts up easy everytime even when the temps dop into the 20's over night. What puts the light out, is it a certian temp at the glowplug or a time period after the key is turned on?
does anyone know the answer to this question? i have the same problem, my glow plug light stays on and runs the battery down.

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-03-02          160740

lacefieldfar, if you don't get a reply it could be due to the heading on this thread. I would suggest you repost with title to your thread something like "glow plug light on Model of tractor".

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login