Go Bottom Go Bottom

Questions about T100

View my Photos
Chris
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-20          88970

I currently have a 92 Toyota PU with the legendary 22RE engine (bought it a year ago with 64,000 miles on it). I now have about 77,000 miles on it. I am thinking of purchasing a 96 T100 SR5 2WD with 86,000 miles on it, but the guy wants 9200 for it. It has some extras (value package) and is in excellent condition (timing belt, starter, and water pump have been changed), but this seems like a lot for the truck. What do you think of the price? How is the reliability of the T100 compared to the older pickups? How long will the 3.4 V6 last without and overhaul?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Questions about T100

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-20          88990

I went to Kelley Blue Book on-line (kbb.com) and made some guesses on the equipment package and got the following "private party price":

Equipment
Air Conditioning
Power Steering
Power Windows
Power Door Locks
Tilt Wheel
Cruise Control
AM/FM Stereo
Cassette
Single Compact Disc
Premium Sound
Sliding Rear Window

Consumer Rated Condition: Excellent
"Excellent" condition means that the vehicle looks great, is in excellent mechanical condition and needs no reconditioning. It should pass a smog inspection. The engine compartment should be clean, with no fluid leaks. The paint is glossy and the body and interior are free of any wear or visible defects. There is no rust. The tires are the proper size and match and are new or nearly new. A clean title history is assumed. This is an exceptional vehicle.

Private Party Value Search Local Listings for This Car $8,390

The online price check is free if I was way off on the equipment.

I had two of the V-6's in question. One (a 93 4x4 pick-up)suffered a head gasket related cylinder failure that Toyota refused to cover under the extended warranty despite a recall on the head-gaskets. The other (a 94 Winnebago motorhome) ran like a top and worked like a mule.

Questions about T100

View my Photos
cleblanc

2004-06-21          89111

I checked cars.com and was suprised at how expensive these trucks are on the used market. I heard the Tacomas and Tundras are not of the same quality as the T100. 9200 still seems like a lot for a private party purchase. ....

Questions about T100

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-10-13          98240

I currently have a 92 Toyota PU with the legendary 22RE engine (bought it a year ago with 64,000 miles on it). I now have about 77,000 miles on it.
Chris
================
So do I.
Mine is a standard cab with a long bed.Has automatic air & power steering.
It's only got about 27000 miles on it and is in like new condition.
1992 was the last year for the Toyota long beds.
There is no way I would trade my truck for the one you're looking at -even if it was an even trade.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login