Go Bottom Go Bottom

Rotator and Deflector

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-05          76058

Has anyone invested in a power rotator or deflector? Are they worth the expense? Got a note from the dealer today and they want $800 (WOW!!!) to install both on my BX2230. Sounds not even close to being worth it for me. Am I wrong?

Deflector $400
Rotator $300
Install $100
= Sticker Shock!

Seems as though I may be getting ripped off here.

Link:   

Click Here

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Rotator and Deflector

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-05          76059

Ripped off is a relative term, kind of like 'mind over matter' which really means 'if you don't mind, it doesn't matter'.

We use a hydraulic cylinder which pushes an arm (to effectively length the stroke) which pulls a cable loop which goes around the chute. If you already have a remote the total cost (in DIY form) is probably about $100 for what you need, less if you can scrounge some bits & pieces.

Best of luck. ....

Rotator and Deflector

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-05          76079

For me a hydraulic chute is worth every cent but I skipped the power deflector--I think electric ones are available for not too much. The worth probably depends on what has to be done but I use mine very frequently. There are few runs where I can just put in one position and leave it. I have to go between buildings; miss my wife's paths and car (my 1/2-ton fends for itself) and make sure I don't blow across the highway. Sometimes I have to change the position as I make turns and I don't need any controls that are even slightly awkward.

Of course if I had a power chute I'd be better equipped as a volunteer fire fighter. The main fire fighting technique around here in the winter is blowing snow at things--not that it has ever been done since we've been here however. ....

Rotator and Deflector

View my Photos
Art White

2004-02-05          76094

That is the pricing from Kubota. I do like using both in tight quarters. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login