Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B2910 and curtis snowplow

View my Photos
jalicea
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-12-28          46658

I am considering placing a curtis snowplow on a kubota B2910. Should I go for a 5 or 6 foot blade? Hydraulic or Manual?

Thanks for your help

Jose

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-12-29          46668

Either one would work, I have used a 6' on that tractor. You need rear ballast for traction and safety though! In my opinion the hydro-turn is the only way to go but then it depends on how much of a hurry you are in and whether or not you mind getting on and off to change blade angle. ....

View my Photos
jalicea

2002-12-29          46669

How much rear ballast would I need? I imagine a 3ph blower would do the trick.

Jose ....

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-12-29          46682

That is a loaded question with other factors involved ie; loaded tires, weight of blower etc...but I would say that would be enough as long as it is in the up position when you lift the blade up more than a few inches, but would be a bit inconvenient using the machine that way. I used an old back-blade that weighs quite a bit to begin with and caries the weight further back, in essence shifting the weight from the front to the back. When using the back blade, I carried the front loader-blade just a few inches from the ground to avoid problems. ....

View my Photos
Green_in_MI

2002-12-30          46726

Six feet is about right for your tractor. You might be able to push a half foot more. Seven is probably too much. I think you will need some ballast to be real effective though. Don't go less than 6 foot because you have plenty of HP to handle it. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2002-12-31          46744

Just exactly how much snow does El Paso get at once or thru the winter months? You might want to look at some of the newer systems that have the sides and are a straight blade. That would work well with the blower on the back to blow it away after you get it together in a small area. ....

View my Photos
Jose

2003-01-01          46822

The tractor will be used in southern NM mountains at 9000 ft with an anual average snowfall of about 80 inches. El Paso usually gets a dusting twice a year.

Jose ....

View my Photos
ilovecatd2

2003-10-06          65675

I have the exact same set up, buy the 6 foot power angle. A weight box on the back or a rear snow blower will do the trick. I have a Erskine rear blower on the back of my tractor. While you at it get a cab for it its worth it. I have a open JD 955 and the blower will cover you with snow if the wind is just right. Thats next years purcase for me, the new snow blower was enough. ....

View my Photos
kballs

2003-11-28          69841

I have a 3130 with a quick attach 6' Curtis blade. Definately get the hydraulic option. Ballast is a must, especially if you are attaching to the FEL. The plow extends beyond what the bucket does by about 2 feet, creating a long lever arm with quite a bit of weight. This can cause a very unstable situation without ballast, wanting to raise your rear tires at times and limiting the traction substantially. I keep my 9 foot hoe on for ballast and am thinking about purchasing a 1/2cy spreader for sand. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login