Go Bottom Go Bottom

Front Mount Snowblower QD or Not

View my Photos
454shooter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-12-05          101631

For those of you with front mount snowblowers on John Deere or Kubota, how much time does it take for removal and then re-installation of the unit? Do they make them that mount in place of the QD buckets? I am considering a purchase of a Deere or Kubota in the coming months and am curious as to how much time it will take to switch back and forth from the QD loader bucket to the blower if need be. I have a 1700' dirt/gravel slightly inclined drive in Pa which has a drifting problem. Any comments on snowblowers, even 3ph mounted, would be appreciated. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-05          101634

The units that are mounted on the laoder are hydraulic drive and have a loss of horsepower over a shaft drive unit. ....

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-12-05          101642

On my BX2230 to exchange the snowblower for the FEL would take about 15 minutes. (Remove blower, quick mount, attach FEL) I think the FEL will fit over the quick-mount for the blower, but I have never tried it. ....

View my Photos
454shooter

2004-12-06          101736

Art, does the shaft drive units involve taking the complete loader off (arms and bucket). I also assume the hydraulic driven units are mounted in place of the bucket and would be able to be lifted up and down as need be? Is there any raising/lowering that can be done to the shaft drive units?
Sorry if it is a stupid question.
Shooter ....

View my Photos
AV8R

2004-12-06          101737

Look at my pictures for how the FEL and Snowblower work on my BX2230. Link below. ....

Link:   My website

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-12-07          101740

On the B Series the Front Mount Blower requires a Sub Frame to be installed to use the blower. The manual states that under no circumstances should you have the loader and blower subframe installed at the same time.

The front blower manual also states that you should never be running the front blower drive shaft while at the same time raising or lowering the blower.

In the operating instructions however it states that if the snow is very deep raise the blower to make two passes instead of one, so I guess they are saying you can operate the blower in a raised position, you just need to disenagage the front PTO to move it there. Hopefully Art can clarify if that is correct?

After the subframe is initially installed removal and reinstall should be fairly straight forward. Although the subframe seems to weigh well over 100+ pounds and is best mved by one person with one end on a dolly. The BX blower is consumer grade and can be moved around by one person and attaches very easily to the Kubota front Quick Attach. Nonetheless I am happy to do it only once per season.

Dennis ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-07          101742

Shooter, it is nothing to remove a loader in less then 5 minutes leaving the tractor open for the blower as they both will use the same hydraulic valve to raise and lower and for some to turn or rotate the spout. There are many of the newer blowers that use a quick attach frame so you could also go to a broom or blade with just connecting the hoses and a drop of a lever. The subframes for many of the blowers may be left on the tractor and still operate the loader. The hydraulic drives for boom mounts require a pto drive hydraulic pump from the rear of the tractor that also includes a oil tank that normally is limited by the horsepower of the pump to tractor horsepower. I don't see the need for a tractor and loader when a front mount blower is in use. The blower makes less banks for the snow to fill in when the wind blows and can walk through what the plows have left. If you do have old snow that youare talking about that is hard banks then just be sure you are buying a true two stage blower and not a want to be look alike. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-12-07          101760

Art,

I hope you consider the Kubota BX2750 two stage blower a true two stage blower and not a wannabe look alike?

Also Art can you clarify my question from above:

"The manual for Kubota BX2750 blower on a B series tells you to not raise or lower the blower while the drive shaft is engaged. In the operating instructions however it states that if the snow is very deep raise the blower to make two passes instead of one, so I guess they are saying you can operate the blower in a raised position, you just need to disenagage the front PTO to move it there. Hopefully Art can clarify if that is correct?"

View my Photos
454shooter

2004-12-07          101771

I appreciate all your responses. I have learned a lot on this and other tractor sites. I am narrowing my purchase options and want to attempt to get it right the first time. So far I believe I have my choices narrowed to either JD or Kubota (4310 or 3130 but waiting to read more about the new John Deeres) with loader and MMM. When I order I either am going to also order a back hoe or snowblower (can't afford both right now) just can't make up my mind yet and am trying to gain some knowledge first. I think I have a good understanding about the blowers now even though I am still weighing front mount and 3ph. Again- Gracias for your help. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-07          101815

Dennis I often think that there are translation problems when they write these books. You have to be able to raise and lower while the blowers on. Different blowers require different sub-frames and some you can have the laoder as well as the blower sub-frames attached. Dennis the BX2750 is a very well built blower and will handle a lot of snow. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-07          101816

Shooter are you replacing the Allis? ....

View my Photos
454shooter

2004-12-08          101842

Yes I will be probably trading the Allis in. It is a 4WD 6140 with loader. Just want to get something more modern and something I can mount a MMM on. The Allis is a powerhouse so I hope I don't regret going down in HP.
Shooter ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-08          101877

Shooter they are a good sized tractor but I think you will be gaining in some areas that might just make the horsepower difference nominal for the additional comfort. I do like the Kubota hoe's like the BH90 over the rest of them as they don't sacrifice ground clearance while on the tractor and the Kubotas have not had a large list of accessories for heavy work. Dennis, I've had a chance to look and both models blowers for the B'series and they connect just fine with the loader subframes on. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2004-12-08          101888

Art,

Sorry my english was ambiguous, what I meant to say was the manual states that you should not attempt to attach the loader while the snowblower sub frame is attached.

The loader subframe stays on the tractor permanently of course.

Dennis ....

View my Photos
JDFANATIC

2004-12-08          101906

15 minutes sounds about right. I know on my 2210, there is a definate clearance problem from the front intermediate hitch (carries and locates the main driveshaft) to where the loader stand raises. At first i thought I could grind away a bit of the loader stands, but after some more analysis am back to the drawing board.

JDFANATIC ....

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2004-12-08          101915

I USE MY BOX SCRAPER WITH MY FRONT MOUNTED SNOW BLOWER
ACTS LIKE A BALLAST BOX AND HAVE YET NEEDED MY FRONT LOADER FOR ANYTHING DURING THE WINTER
A BLOWER TOSSES SNOW 30 FT, THERE IS LITTLE NEED TO PILE IT UP AND THE BOX SCRAPER CLEANS THE REST AND BREAKS UP THE ICE ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-12-08          101918

Dennis I do believe that the base frame and drive system will miss the bucket when lowered. That is the only concern that I'd have and it could be easily checked to see if it would clear. ....

View my Photos
dsulwikowski

2004-12-16          102360

AV8R I was just looking at the pics of your FMSB on your site. The set-up and unit look identical to the ones that were just mounted on my NH TZ24DA, except for the color. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login