Go Bottom Go Bottom

shibaura pros and cons

View my Photos
joker_of_01
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-07-13          155270

hi i'm looking at buy a shibaura p155f. don't know anything about them. what are the pros and cons for them? are the parts easy to get ahold of. are the tractors reliable. do they work good? any info would be great. thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

shibaura pros and cons

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-13          155280

My '02 New Holland TC33D is a reworked Shib. at least the drive train is. Mechanically it's great. Electrically--and I think this where Ford got involved--one of their supposed "better ideas"---POS. ....

shibaura pros and cons

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-07-13          155284

Joker_of_01,

Please check to see if your tractor has a ROPS (Roll Over Protection Structure), a seatbelt, flashing lights -- and a SMV (Slow Moving Vehicle) sign, or at least a place to mount one.

If your tractor doesn't have ALL of these things, it's more than likely an UNAUTHORIZED import....otherwise known as a "grey market" tractor.

Grey market tractors are frequently imported for sale here in the U.S. They are not supported by any factory, and there are usually no manuals available in English. Parts are hard to come by.....sometimes impossible to get.

We have many people come here looking for filters, lubrication data, tires, parts, manuals, etc. When it comes to Shibaura tractors, the responses are few and far between.

I highly suggest you find a factory supported tractor. This is not to say that your particular Shibaura isn't. Just make sure you can get parts, manuals, and a service technician to talk to, if needed, prior to making any tractor purchase.

Joel ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login