Go Bottom Go Bottom

Shibaura SL1743

View my Photos
JSBtrac
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-01-29          12325

I recently acquired a nice little SL1743 Shibauara 2Cyl. 4WD tractor. Does anyone have any info on it? Is it close to the Ford 1500 built by Shibaura?Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Shibaura SL1743

View my Photos
Darin Keyse

2000-01-30          12360

I have a Ford 1500. I thought by the beginning of your post that it sounded like my tractor. The engine is made by Shibaura so I do wonder what the differences are between the two. What else to you want to know about it? I had some problems with my hydrolics but it was just a dirty filter. I wonder if my hydrolics are the same as yours? Also had problems with the steering column. That turned out that someone who owned it before me altered the steering link and made it too long. I had to take it to the shop for that one, as I never would have found it on my own. ....

Shibaura SL1743

View my Photos
JSBtrac

2000-01-30          12370

If you can give me the serial numbers from your 1500 engine block I will compare them to mine and see what we get. ....

Shibaura SL1743

View my Photos
Paul Johnson

2000-02-01          12437

this may be one place to find specs and interesting bits of info.
http://www.farmershotline.com/Tango/FEGtractors.taf?function=form
feel free to email me at any time as I have a Ford 1500 and have had my share of hyd. problems. So Darin we might be able to help each other since not many people have these little jewels. is yours 2 or 4 wheel drive. i got the 2 wd. ....

Shibaura SL1743

View my Photos
Darin

2000-02-02          12455

Paul, Great to hear of another 1500 owner. You are only the second one I have found. I would like it if we could email each other if we have problems and help each other out. My email is dkeyse@yahoo.com. Mine is a 4 wheel drive. I did not think I would need the 4 wheel drive much when I got it but I really am glad to have it now. I have checked out your website link. Looks like a great site. I have not known how much other 1500's were selling for when I got mine (about a year ago). Now I see I did get a pretty good deal. Well, except for the steering thing I mentioned before.

JSBtrac, I am at work now so I'll have to get back to you about the serial number. ....

Shibaura SL1743

View my Photos
Kim Hartshorn

2000-02-03          12487

Darin

Add me to the 1500 club list. Mine was built in 1982 and it is 4wd with the Ford 770 loader. I made a ROPS for it.

Kim Hartshorn ....

Link:   Kim's Ford 1500 4wd with loader

Shibaura SL1743

View my Photos
Darin

2000-02-04          12521

Kim Glad to see another owner. I didn't think the 1500 would have enough hydrolic pressure to operate a loader. Does it work well for you? What did you have to do to put it on? I may want to put a loader on in the furture, but don't have much use for one right now. Have you had any problems with the tractor itself? ....

Shibaura SL1743

View my Photos
Kim Hartshorn

2000-02-04          12522

Darin

The loader works great, there are no alterations to the hydraulics other than the two spool remote. It is the stock 4gpm pump. I have done alot of work with the loader, enough that I had to fix some welds and a tear. I also made a logging winch for it and use the tractor for skidding. I think the tractor is too light to expect the loader to work well in 2wd however, but I have moved some pretty big rocks and built a road.

Kim ....

Link:   Pictures of PreROPS 1500 with Logging Winch

Shibaura SL1743

View my Photos
joshlatour

2007-12-17          149381

Hi,

I also have a ford 1500 4wd w/ a loader. Out of curiousity, does your front wheels lean in slightly at the top (If you are looking at the tractor from the front)? Sort of like this .... / . I am concerned that I have some problems with the kingpins or bushings....

Thanks for responding!
josh ....

Shibaura SL1743

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-12-18          149388

Joshlatour,

Most tractors have some camber and toe in the wheels, to assist in handling.

The amount of "camber" can be viewed from the front of the tractor. The tops of the tires are closer together than than the bottoms.

"Toe" is a setting that can be viewed from the top. The distance between the leading edges of the front tires is greater than the distance between the trailing edges of the front tires.

The last suspension setting is called "Caster". This is the amount of pitch built in to the king pin, which usually leans to the rear of the vehicle. After making a turn, your vehicle will usually attempt to straighten itself back out, even if you do not turn the wheel. The steering wheel will turn back to the center, or near-center all by itself as you travel forward.

The amount of Camber, Caster, and Toe built in to your front suspension should be listed in the maintenance manual for your tractor.

If you feel that you have badly worn suspension parts, simply block the front of the tractor up after raising the front tires off the ground with jacks, and then grab the wheels and attempt to rock them back and forth. If you feel a lot of play in the wheels, it's possible that you either have worn tie rods, king pins, wheel bearings, or all three.

Please click on the link below.

Link:   Camber Caster and Toe Defined.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login