Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota Rototiller

View my Photos
Steve in Ont
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-10-15          32445

Anyone know anything about a Kubota rototiller model FS1020 (48" width)? It seems to be very well built, but does not have slip clutch or shear pin.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota Rototiller

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-10-16          32454

Steve often manufacturer's use different numbers or models in different country's. My books don't help me on the model you mentioned. To look at the unit it should be easy to see if it has a slip clutch as they are normally built into the pto drive assembly on the machine end. ....

Kubota Rototiller

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2001-10-16          32461

Steve I am not only a 'neighbour' of yours here in Ontario, but I am familiar with this tiller. The name tells you that it is NOT a 48" width, but rather 1020mm cutting width, or in 'english', about 40" cutting width, not overall width. It is a good sutrdy unit, and you are correct that it will have neither a slip clutch or shear pin. In Japan where these units were made they were only intended for regular field use, ie tilling soil which has been tilled for years, NOT 'breaking new ground' since there isn't any uncultivated land to speak of. The normal setup would be to replace the pto shaft with one that contains a slip clutch (properly adjusted of course) since it would very very easy to take the clutch out of the pto otherwise. Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login