Go Bottom Go Bottom

tillers

View my Photos
Bob
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-03-17          25586

Which one is better, King Kutter or Sovema?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

tillers

View my Photos
nhboomer

2001-03-17          25594

I don't know which is better but I will be checking back to see what others say. I plan to buy a tiller this spring and was going to go with a King Kutter because of price and a nearby dealer. Also, I have several other KK implements and have been satisfied with them especially for the price. Where can you even buy the Sovena brand you mentioned? ....

tillers

View my Photos
Jim

2001-03-18          25612

I have distributed both lines for 10 years now. The Sovema is a well built and finished product. They build "private label" for other Big names such as MF and Kioti. In recent years, the KK gear drive tiller w/6 Knives has been a great performer at a very competitive price. I have sold over 100. My tiller of choice
Jim ....

tillers

View my Photos
Chris

2001-03-18          25621

I purchased the King Kutter 60" tiller last fall for $999, and for the money, I think it does an excellent job. ....

tillers

View my Photos
Chris in IN

2001-03-18          25622

i bought the 60" King Kutter last spring. I have been very happy with it. ....

tillers

View my Photos
Doug Huebner

2001-03-19          25652

I got the JD tiller when I got my tractor. Most other 3pt implements have been KK. If I was going to do it over again, I would go with KK for half the price of JD. It looks as well or better built compared to the JD. All told I probably till a couple acres a season so almost any tiller can handle that. ....

tillers

View my Photos
J. Dubbs

2001-03-20          25680

This saturday I take delivery of a Kuhn EL32150 tiller. The total length from plate to plate I believe is 58". I paid $1800 with tax included. I don't think one can go wrong with Kuhn or Landpride, although a little more expensive, the quality and dependability is better. Why pay thousands for a good tractor and skimp on the implements that will ultimately perform the work?
My uncle used to say, "You only get what you pay for, and that's no darn good." ....

tillers

View my Photos
DanaT

2001-03-20          25682

You get what you pay for,I agree. I'm also takeing delivery of a landpride 2570 tiller tomarrow. I give $2400 for it. I use mine enough that I replace tines every year on my 1550 I just sold. ....

tillers

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-03-20          25683

Wow, Dana, I thought I used my tiller a lot, but in 5.5 years, I've never replaced a tine (although they are showing enough wear that I figure I ought to do that next year). ....

tillers

View my Photos
Jim

2001-03-22          25753

You Get what you pay for? Definately true when comparing Jap tractors to China Bombers. Getting back to Tillers, You all would be suprised to find out WHO is really making your "pricy" name brand tillers. The Italians make 75% of the tillers on the Market. JD,Landpride, MF, KIoti, NH, don't make their own tillers nor do thay make many of their implements at all. Yes Kuhn makes a good product at a premium price. Not for everyone. The King Kutter is Gear Drive, 6 Knives per flange, made in OHIO, and outweighs the competition by 20 - 50%.
We sell them w/a money back guarrantee that if it doesn't perform, bring it back no problem. have yet to take one back, in fact have sold several on referrals from end users. ....

tillers

View my Photos
steve arnold

2001-03-23          25774

Although rusty and dented from 300 rocky acres, the american flag is still shining brightly atop my Landpride. thank you. -A nonesalesman ....

tillers

View my Photos
Todd

2001-03-23          25779

Parlas italiano Jim? Oh un DelMorino URT-ED 132. Chain driven, 53" wide, slip clutch, off set capable, tills to 7", weighs 410lbs. Cost about $1200 new. No complaints so far, and not concerned about parts. DelMorino has been in business since the 1800's in Italy. Cheaper than US made, pretty good quality, and chain drive is fine for a hobbyist like me. What would that KingKutter cost and weigh, in a comprable size?
Todd ....

tillers

View my Photos
Karl Fletcher

2001-03-23          25781

I have a King Kutter 72". It has been an excellent piece of equipment. I also have several other pieces of KK equipment. It all seems to equal to my Bushhog brand equipment in quality and is much less expensive.
Karl ....

tillers

View my Photos
J. Dubbs

2001-03-24          25813

Jim, call me in ten years and I guarantee my Kuhn is still running. I'm not so sure your King Kutter will be. Secondly, I don't understand this made in the USA kick. If the old USA made a better product I would buy it, and trust me I'm as patriotic as they come, but until Uncle Sam pays my bills I buy the best product available regardless of where its made. American producers are smart they do not have put more money and better quality in their products, compared to the Germans and Japs for example, because there are enough consumers out there with blinders on who will buy it merely because it is produced in this country. ....

tillers

View my Photos
Greg franklin

2001-03-26          25941

Well, I read all I could stand. For the money, the King Kutter had a lot of votes so I called around and found that in my area (NC) Tractor Supply carried this brand in 60" for $999. I went to look and is seems that they had a credit card sign up this past weekend with 10% off on your first purchase. I was late but they let me in on it and so I bought it for $950 with tax. I have been saving my pennies so I'll pay it off immediately else it will fast become the most expensive tiller there is. ....

tillers

View my Photos
Todd

2001-03-27          25963

Is that gear driven for $999?? THAT, would be a good deal.
Todd ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login