Go Bottom Go Bottom

Shed Floor Coating

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-19          93886

Well, my father's "shed" it close to being finished. The 2nd floor is planked with Plytanium™ Sturd-I-Floor® . The demensions of the shed are 40' x 100' so my Dad wants to apply some type of protective coating to the flooring. He is considering a polyurethane type finish coating. That is 4,000 sq. fit. to cover and he thinks pouring it out and rolling it will be the best method. The folks at Home Depot told him that 10 gallons of polyurethane would cover 4,000 sq. ft. Sounds kinda like a low estimate to me but I am not that experienced in this area. I suggested a Wagner Power Painter but he felt that it would make more of a mess than rolling it on. Any ideas on coating finishes and methods of application would be GREATLY appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Shed Floor Coating

View my Photos
Archdean
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-19          93890

In MHO the wagner thingy isn't worth the power to blow it to %%^$&^(*

Owned a Professional paint store, please answer the following Q.
What will be the use of the floor?
What level of finish is desired?

If a normal level of finish is ok and no water will be present , ROLL IT with a foam roller and recoat then forget it!!
Dean ....

Shed Floor Coating

View my Photos
Chief

2004-08-19          93892

Floor will be used primarily for storage and the level of finish is more geared towards a good protective coating. Nothing fancy. ....

Shed Floor Coating

View my Photos
Archdean

2004-08-19          93895

See my post above and buy the best grade avail. to you. Keep in mind it will scratch and turn white in the presence of standing water unless it is impregnated at the factory as in Bruce flooring! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login