Go Bottom Go Bottom

Simplicity tractors

View my Photos
UncleRoy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-25          94423

Is anyone familiar with the Simplicity legacy tractor? They have a 27 hp diesel 4wd w/FEL.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Simplicity tractors

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-25          94436

Simplicity re-designed the Legacy last year to include a four wheel drive model XL model. I used to own the one of previous Legacy models, before four wheel drive was available. First comment, very well built garden tractor. They were not in the same class as the Sub-compact utility tractors, but a very well made garden tractor. The 3-point hitch was very limited, although the XL now has a limited Cat-1 hitch. The hydraulics were limited to the Hydo-stat auxiliary system which was only usefull for light hydraulic flow. Not sure how the newer Legacy's are set up.

The people at Simplicity were always helpful and professional. If you are looking for MORE than one of the best Garden Tractors available, you may be dissappointed with some of the limitations they have. It is a garden tractor on a garden tractor frame. But they do a really nice job mowing, and used to offer a wide range of attachments. I even had the FEL on mine. Worked OK for light applications, didn't move topsoil of fill dirt very well. The hydraulics for the FEL ran off an auxiliary pump from the front PTO.

I bears nentioning that the PTO's used to be electric clutch set-ups. Don't know if that is still true. ....

Simplicity tractors

View my Photos
grassgod
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-25          94441

What would you be mainly using it for? ....

Simplicity tractors

View my Photos
UncleRoy

2004-08-25          94502

I would be using it to mow 4 acres and to landscape and improve several more acres digging with a tooth bar on the FEL to redistribute maybe 20 or 30 tons of dirt over a period of a year or two. I had decided on the Kubota BX2230 but the simplicity at $1100 more has 27 hp and the dealer is 30 miles closer. Thanks for your replys. ....

Simplicity tractors

View my Photos
beagle

2004-08-25          94505

Can't speek directly for the new XL, but I would think the BX would serve you much better. Landscaping with a garden tractor can be done, but probably not the best choice for the job. I think you would find the loader lacks what you need.

But again, the newer models might be different. Simplicities are built in the US, in Port Washington, Wis. ....

Simplicity tractors

View my Photos
grassgod

2004-08-25          94533

Uncleroy - Hummmm....I will recommend the Kubota on this one. I understand the distance issue, You'll just have to stock up on filters & things like that if you do choose the Kubota. I personally never recommend using a MMM on the mid sized tractors especially if your going to be landscaping with it & moving dirt. It's cheap enough to purchase a regular garden tractor for mowing & keep the hours off the bigger machines & use their time for the harder stuff. I just dont get a good feel for simplicity when it comes to grading of moving dirt, ETC. ....

Simplicity tractors

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-08-25          94550

If that 27 horse is a gas engine, it might, on a good day, produce the same PTO horse power as the Kubota 22 horse BX.

Don't let the numbers confuse you. ....

Simplicity tractors

View my Photos
beagle

2004-08-26          94580

Simplicity does offer a 27hp diesel in the new XL model Legacy. Whatever you do, I would definitely recommend staying with a diesel. ....

Simplicity tractors

View my Photos
stevenc

2004-08-31          95199

I agree with BEAGLE,, ....

Simplicity tractors

View my Photos
lbrown59

2004-09-05          95650

Simplicity legacy tractor
==========================
I checked it out and compared it to the Kubota Bx23.
The Simplicity legacy is a really nice garden tractor but if you want to move out of the garden tractor league into a sub compact tractor go with the Kabuto BX 23 like I did.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login