Go Bottom Go Bottom

Are Goldoni Tractors Any Good

View my Photos
motwahs
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-09          70644

The closest equipment supplier to me, which is only a couple of miles down the road, sells Goldoni Tractors and Ventrac Tractors.

I've tested the Goldoni with a 27 HP diesel and a Ventrac 4200. The Goldoni is a traditional type compact tractor while the Ventrac is a bit of a hybrid.

I'd like to go through the local dealer for convenience and am leaning towards the Goldoni but don't know much about them except that it's an Italian company that's been in business for 75 years, mostly making tractors for the vineyard, orchard, and tree farm industries.

I've got 10 acres with about 8 in field or lawn. I want the tractor for finish mowing, plowing snow, and generla duty work. Does anyone have any experience with Goldoni's? Any recommendations?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-09          70649

I can not comment on the quality, except that the other tractors from Italy are ingeneral good quality. The problem maybe parts or resell. Many of the Italian makers have limited sales in the US. It is hard to know if the makers are really committed to the market. In the past dealers have come and gone for Landini, Lambo, Ferrarri etc. Fiat now owns IH and NH so they are certainly are committed. Yet other automotive brands for Fiat, Alfa Romeo etc have left the country. ....

View my Photos
larry
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-09          70672

My heighbour has a Goldoni 4 wheel drive diesel orchard tractor that is approx 18 yrs old & MAJOR drivetrain parts are no longer available for it. The water pump let go & they tried everywhere to get it-ended up having to get it rebuilt & were told that if the drivetrain were to fail it would be best to junk the tractor-seems it's drivetrain was made by John Deere & they no longer suppy parts for this type of engine.The waterpump if available was going to cost $800.00 canadian money to come from Italy.Cost $200 for the rebuild ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login