Go Bottom Go Bottom

Landini 5860 Tractor

View my Photos
rookie
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-07          65764

Well guy's I haven't been here for a while ,but while I've been gone I bought the Landini 5860 I had been asking about.
I have to tell you that so far I'm well pleased with it.It is one hoss of a tractor.Been doing some pretty rough ground clearing with it and It will throw rooster tails with a 6 ft. double gang disk. The only problem that I have had is twisting up the drive shaft on my bushhog. I puchased a shaft rated for a 70 hp tractor when I bought my tractor and it twisted it into in a blink of an eye. May have to put a clutch on my bush hog.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Landini 5860 Tractor

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-08          65797

I'd say you're lucky that both the cutter gear box and tractor pto are stronger than the pto shaft. Something may not be right though. A PTO shaft should be protected by a shear pin, which should be the weakest component. You might check the grade of shear pin in the pto shaft, the tractor HP and the cutter gear box hp rating. Shafts shouldn't twist.

If the tractor has too much power for the cutter, a clutch might just burn up unless ground speed is reduced. A bigger cutter might be a better solution. The problem also might be that the cutter as well as the tractor are too big for the shaft and starting the cutter spinning takes enough torque to twist the shaft.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login