Go Bottom Go Bottom

Foton ft404 black diesel splat out of exhaust

View my Photos
pauljmtz
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-07-21          195529

Anyone know what is causing this? Just changed all filters, oil, hydraulic, fuel, etc. started splitting diesel out of exhaust pipe after oils change. White/ black smoke when rpms up now too. None when idling though. Never did this before. Has around 1200 hrs on it. Injectors? Glow plugs?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-07-21          195532

Check your fluid level in injector pump (the little dipstick). My 404 will do that when it's too full. ....

View my Photos
pauljmtz

2016-07-24          195544

Was out of town and and just returned. Can you point me to this short dipstick? I'm familiar with the engine oil and both hydraulic dipsticks but not the injector dip stick? Granted I've only had this machine about 15 months. Thanks. Attached couple photos as well. Thanks Paul. ....

View my Photos
pauljmtz

2016-07-24          195546

Was out of town and and just returned. Can you point me to this short dipstick? I'm familiar with the engine oil and both hydraulic dipsticks but not the injector dip stick? Granted I've only had this machine about 15 months. Thanks. Attached couple photos as well. Thanks Paul. ....

View my Photos
pauljmtz

2016-07-24          195547

Picture Link
Other Tractor Brands Foton ft404 black diesel splat out of exhaust

View my Photos
pauljmtz

2016-07-24          195548

Picture Link
Other Tractor Brands Foton ft404 black diesel splat out of exhaust

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-07-25          195563

I don't see it on yours. My injector hand pump is at the front and my dip stick is where your hand pump is located. Thomas at Affordable Tractor told me to regularly check it because if it ever runs out the injector is gone. He said new injector and getting someone to time it is $1000.00 easy. Call him he should be able to give you some answers at 1-979-865-4002. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-07-25          195567

You check what has been suggested for you sure do not need a pump replacement or repair but one question, it is not somehow being parked where it could be getting rain or water in the exhaust system is it? ....

View my Photos
yozzause

2016-10-02          195843

I know this is an old post did you get to the bottom of the problem? I had the same thing going along all of a sudden the white smoke and spraying black smutt all over loss of power stop doing what you were doing allow the tractor to idle back to smooth but ot like running over 1,000 rpm.
got a guy out that had the tractor running while he was trying to work out the problem ended up with the ute parked next to the tractor covered in oily black took ages to wash off. Over the phone I suggested that I had heard on this forum somewhere that there were in hose filters, but wasn't trying to tell him how to do his job.
Apparently this was so and once removed the tractor hasn't missed a beat No more white smoke which is usually a sign that there is a new pope at the Vatican and no more black smutt, it wasn't good for the complexion. It was expensive having a mobile mechanic out, but at least in the end nothing had broken and worth considering for anyone that might have a similar problem in the future. kind regards Yozza

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login