Go Bottom Go Bottom

AGRACAT 2940 super

View my Photos
snakedoctor
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-05-31          187134

I recently acquired a 2003 in near mint condition. It has been barn kept and under 25 hrs. Its used so little that the rubber molding is still between the tread on the tires. My problem is the 3 point lift will not rise. Im in need of some guidance to resolve this issue. All helpful input is appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

AGRACAT 2940 super

View my Photos
greyhorse
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-06-01          187141

Sounds like you have air in the hydraulic system. ....

AGRACAT 2940 super

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-06-01          187142

No, it's a self-priming system. Unless there's a suction side leak, the only way it wouldn't automatically bleed itself would be if the vents in the rear fill plug were blocked. That said, have you actually checked the hydraulic fluid in the sump? If it was never changed since new, it's almost certainly a viscous emulsion by now. I'd start by draining the hydraulics completely, flush and reflush with kerosene, then refill with AW32 or ISO32

//greg// ....

AGRACAT 2940 super

View my Photos
snakedoctor

2013-06-01          187150

It still has that nasty smelling factory oil. Its still appears to be oil. I need a manual for the thing. I changed the filter but not the fluid just to see what would happen. I have not crawled all over or under the thing........ YET! Im headed out the door right now to see if I can get some results. Im thinking I should just sell it. Hopefully you guys can help me get it working. I have switched all the levers and all the handles in every combination. I have power steering but no power lift ....

AGRACAT 2940 super

View my Photos
snakedoctor

2013-06-01          187151

Under the seat between my legs if setting in the seat, there is a "bolt' like thing sticking out and another on the left side by the oil fill/check plug. On the right side of this major block/valve assembly there is what appears to be a proportioning valve just beside the 3 point controls. And then there is the proportioning valve just above the break pedals by the starter. Im getting fluid to the steering just not the lift ....

AGRACAT 2940 super

View my Photos
greg_g

2013-06-01          187153

There's another one you didn't mention: the priority valve. It's also prone to clogging. Look just forward and to the left of the brake pedals. It's another of the hydraulic system components that needs to be flushed. If it's too far gone, it needs to be removed/disassembled/cleaned/reinstalled

//greg// ....

AGRACAT 2940 super

View my Photos
snakedoctor

2013-06-01          187154

I opened it and removed the spring. It appeared to be clean inside. Do I need to do this to all the exterior valves? ....

AGRACAT 2940 super

View my Photos
snakedoctor

2013-06-01          187155

Im thinking if I find a bleed off point I might be able to get fluid flowing in the back of the tractor. ....

AGRACAT 2940 super

View my Photos
greg_g

2013-06-01          187156

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakedoctor | view 187151
Under the seat between my legs if setting in the seat, there is a "bolt' like thing sticking out and another on the left side by the oil fill/check plug. On the right side of thismajor block/valve assembly there is what appears to be a proportioning valve just beside the 3 point controls. And then there is the proportioning valve just above the break pedals by the starter. Im getting fluid to the steering just not the lift
The one between your legs controls the three point hitch rate of fall. In practice, what it does is vary the hydraulic return flow to the sump. Turn it one way for heavy implements, the other way for light (or none).

The one on the left side might actually be your problem. It's a diverter valve, changing the direction of flow from the three point hitch to the rear remote (which is likely capped off). Try turning it in the opposite direction and see if your rear lift starts working.

The one on the right side simply raises and lowers the rear lift.

The one in front of the brake pedals is the priority valve, which splits fluid off the main circuit for use in the steering sub-circuit.

//greg// ....

AGRACAT 2940 super

View my Photos
snakedoctor

2013-06-03          187196

Can you guys tell me the best way/place to try to bleed the system ? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login