Go Bottom Go Bottom

Fuel issues

View my Photos
donm16
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-01-01          167842

Have Farm Pro 2425 that the fuel is not getting to the injectors. Have pulled lines and have gas dripping thru the lines except going up to the first injector, and of course none of the other injectors. Thinking I need to air out the lines but unfamiliar with the proper proceedure to do so. Also wondering if there is a certain way I should be testing for fuel ging to the injector other that just taking off the fuel line and cranking engine.
Does anyone know what the factory setting is for the fuel regulator?
The fuel bowl doesn't fill up when I open the gas valve.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Fuel issues

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-01-01          167843

I'm confused. You say it has injectors but then you say "gas is dripping" and the "gas valve". It is gas(oline) OR diesel powered?

The "edit" link is to the left of your screen under your name. ....

Fuel issues

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-01-01          167846

Well, right now you're starving the pump. So you have to start by resolving the sediment bowl issue. Open the shutoff valve. Then trace the fuel line from the sediment bowl to the pump. The metal thing at the end is called a banjo fitting. Unbolt it. See if any fuel starts filling the sediment bowl. If not - inside the banjo fitting is a screen. When that's clogged, it will airlock the sediment bowl. If it's clean, then remove the hose at the sediment bowl end. If the hose collapsed internally, that can airlock the sediment bowl too.

If it's not the banjo screen or hose, you'll need to drain the tank. Get what you can out with a siphon hose, then be prepared to (try and) catch the rest when you unscrew the sediment bowl from the tank. Once you get the bowl out in your hand, you'll see a filter screen at the top. It may be clogged up. If not, remove the glass bowl. There should be another screen on the underside of the metal housing. If all those are clean, then there's something wrong with the fuel shutoff valve in the bowl itself. Some of them were drilled off center. You should be able to look through the housing and see whether the pasages line up.

It might be necessary to replace the entire sediment bowl assembly. Anyway - get fuel flowing as far as the input to the pump, then we'll pick it up from there.

By the way, your FarmPro is a Jinma, made in China. There is a forum here dealing specifically with Jinma tractor issues. Also, it's a diesel engine. Make sure you do NOT try to run gasoline through it.

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login