Go Bottom Go Bottom

Task Master 426E Hydraulics

View my Photos
gatordog
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-10-11          166281

My task master hydraulic line leading to the pump has a small leak; can you recommend a field expedient fix til I can get it to the shop...
Also, what is the proprer hydraulic fluid to be used...

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-10-11          166282

Assuming the tractor is used in Florida, AW32 (or ISO32) hydraulic fluid is appropriate. Make sure however that you actually are getting hydraulic fluid and and machine oil. The latter will likely foam.

High pressure leaks should not be subjected to "field expedient repairs". But your description sounds like a leak in the (low pressure) supply line. Is the one that's leaking rigid (metal) or flexible (rubber)?

//greg// ....

View my Photos
gatordog
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-10-12          166295

The leak is on a metal line that is directly under the radiator.
Purchased this unit used; need more traditional basic info; do you know where I can get a book on the tractor...fluid specs; fluid fill locations; levels checks etc.
Also, the unit seems to run warm quickly; checked the air flow and that seems appropriate; fluid level seems ok...any thoughts....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-10-12          166299

Pretty sure these folks ( http://www.cothrinranch.com/TM_426.htm ) can help with books and parts. I'd recommend ordering a new line to replace that leaky one. But in the mean time you should be able to patch it temporarily with a piece of reinforced garden hose. If yours is close to the same size as mine, I think 3/4" ID garden hose and a couple of spiral type hose clamps should slow down the leak.

This is of course assuming that we're still talking supply line. If it's a high side leak though, you'd know it. Those don't drip, they spray.

..greg..

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login