Go Bottom Go Bottom

Big Bud 16-V 747

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-11-25          148708

Dear friends,

I thought I'd post some information regarding the largest of the tractors found in the U.S.

Since most of us here own compact tractors, or even larger utility tractors, this one might interest you.

Big Bud was built in Havre, Montana, in 1977. It's over 27 feet long, and weighs over 100,000 pounds when its 1000 gallon fuel tank is full.

The tractor stands 14 feet high, and is just over 20 feet wide. The tires are 8 feet in diameter. Horsepower rating was originally over 760 horses, but this one has since been souped up to over 900 horses, utilizing a 16 cylinder Detroit Diesel engine. The hydraulic pump puts out over 60 gallons per minute, at 2000 psi.

This tractor can pull a cultivator over 80 feet wide, at 8 miles per hour. It's able to cultivate over an acre of land per minute. Therefore, it can cultivate a section of land (640 acres, or one mile square) in about 10 hours.

Enjoy the link. A lot more information about this tractor is available below.

Joel

Link:   Big Bud 16-V 747

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Big Bud 16-V 747

View my Photos
kleinchris
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-11-25          148712

I've got the next model down, and they look like great tractors but mine has issues. For instance,it hard finding Cat 6 attachments. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login