Go Bottom Go Bottom

Thoughts on 1212 David Brown tractor

View my Photos
Ricknd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-18          129518

Folks

Wondering if anyone has had any experience with this tractor mod/brand and what they thought of it and the price listed below.

I'm looking at a 1975 DB 1212 with 3K hours 3 point hitch, four shift on the go Hydro in fwd and reverse. Price includes a # 60 Loader with grapple fork and tines for bucket, 3 point 7' snow blower, 5ft rotary mower and a 250 gal diesel fuel tank with 12 volt pump and filter.
$9,500 is the price.

Thanks in advance for any inputs you have
Rick

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-18          129519

I had never heard of that brand until today. In reading a website from the David Brown tractor club it states that the company went out of business in 1988.

Are you interested in the tractor for its historical appeal or looking for a working tractor?

I'd be afraid of parts availability, etc. For a working tractor, I'd go for something newer and with a recognized dealer network for parts and/or service.

Historically, unless a special interest like a family member owned one, etc. I'd rather go for a IH, Deere or Ford relic. ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-05-18          129520

I think they were a British import? I have to agree with Yooper. Unless you want one for collectibility I would spend the $10K on something that will be easier to repair. At one time parts were supposedly available from one of the more familiar companies but I don't remember which one.

FYI: Here's some David Brown for sale ads and prices. ....

Link:   For Sale David Brown

View my Photos
oneace

2006-05-18          129527

They are domestic and they actually made quite a few of the Case tractors models. Parts are still available for most of the more popular models through a CaseIH dealer. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2006-05-19          129557

David Brown was a part of Case for years as there utility tractor manufacturer. They were part of Case at the time of the purchase of IH in the spring of 1986. Parts are available thru Case-IH dealers. ....

View my Photos
Ricknd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-05-20          129607

All,

Thanks for the responses … always appreciated and valued.
Still curious though if you think it might be a good deal if the tractor is in relatively good shape.

Thanks again
Rick

View my Photos
Art White

2006-05-20          129633

Not able to see it makes it tough to value but it does seem a bit high. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login