Go Bottom Go Bottom

Mahindra 4110 vs 4530

View my Photos
cdover73
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-02-27          125224

I am about to buy a new Mahindra and at this time I am leaning toward the 4530. However, I'm not sure if it will be too much tractor for what I need. The alternative is the 4110, both of which are 4WD and comparable in hp and lift, just the 4110 is a compact version and the 4530 is a full size tractor. The only other differences are the 4110 has a few more bells and whistles and cost about $500 more and it weighs about 1200 lbs less than the 4530.

I have 20 acres to keep up, 15 of which is field and the other five is my treed yard. I pull a Bush Hog RDTH 60 finishing mower to trim my yard and a 6' Bush Hog cutter for the field. My problem is the 4530 may be too big for the yard, but the 4110 may be too small for the field. I don't do much farming as far as crops but will use the tractor for food plots and land clearing (underbrush). If anyone has researched these tractors I would like to hear your opinion.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Mahindra 4110 vs 4530

View my Photos
DK35vince

2006-02-27          125227

I vote the 4110.
Big enough for your field and will run a 6' cutter with no problem.
Also a bit smaller and a better fit for mowing the lawn..
Your 60" finish mower is going to seem small on either machine. ....

Mahindra 4110 vs 4530

View my Photos
cdover73

2006-02-27          125229

I thought you were going to say that! The reason I picked the 4530 is you seem to get more tractor for less money, it has the Mahindra engine instead of the Misubishi that the 4110 has, and there seems to be less electronics to go wrong with the 4530. It also has a beefier frame, lift, and axles. However, you did hit the nail on the head concerning my confusions on deciding because I am wondering how it will maneuver around my yard! Surprisingly, it only has a few inches more turning radius than the 4110, and my yard is sparesly treed with large oaks. I guess my theory is go big and not need it instead of go smaller and need it. Even though we are only talking a couple more hp and a little more weight, you get it all for less money. ....

Mahindra 4110 vs 4530

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-27          125235

The local dealer said he had one customer using a 4500 on the lawn with turf tires. It does seem a little large.

The last I talked with him he was stearing me away from the Mahindra. He sells, Kubota, NH and IH also. ....

Mahindra 4110 vs 4530

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-27          125249

Peters, which brand did he try to change you to and why? Just curious as I sell nearly all of those except the Mahindra. ....

Mahindra 4110 vs 4530

View my Photos
Peters

2006-02-27          125251

Either the Kubota or the NH. Actually this is the dealer with the L4330 and loader for 17K. ....

Mahindra 4110 vs 4530

View my Photos
cdover73

2006-02-28          125289

Why is he trying to talk you away from Mahindra? Is it just a sales pitch or is there something wrong with Mahindra that I need to know before buying one? I know the Mahindra name is just now making it's way across the country and a lot of people just aren't that familiar with them, but it has been big here in Louisiana for a few years and everyone I know that has one has not had any problems. In fact, they are the old IH from what I understand. I found that, according to specs, you seem to get more tractor for your money compared to the other brands that you are just paying for the name. Heck, I was dead set for a John Deere until I found out they have a Yanmar engine in them, and Yanmar is famous for their 30 day, or until you get it home, warranty. Kubota has a list of grey market models that are still being sold today, they even post them on their website to protect buyers. NH is way overpriced for the amount of plastic that is on them, at least on the Boomer series. I have a Shibaura SD2200 that is in my shop in half with a broke crank that I cannot find, I don't need anymore equipment that parts can't be found for or are so high priced you can't afford them. That's why I am leaning toward Mahindra. I am not trying to knock the others, I am sure they all have their ups and downs, I have just been doing a lot of research and reading all the consumer reports I can find and I don't see anything better out there for my money, but please, prove me wrong. ....

Mahindra 4110 vs 4530

View my Photos
ribchord

2006-09-24          135434

last i herd mahindra is #4 in the usa and is expexted to take the #3 spot this year. i have a 4500 with fel, its a 2004 model, i also have 22 acres to take care of so i to like getting more pounds of steel for the same money plus my dealer only wants to sell the bigger oo series ect. because there is almost no warrenty work, he is a big dealer and carries all models but he discourages the 10 and 15 sereis for bigger properties.get a riding lawn mower for the yard and get the 4530 for the rest. i was running a big post hole digger with mine today, it shakes the tractor pretty good in this clay soil so that would be that much harder on a smaller machine. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login