Go Bottom Go Bottom

Clutch

View my Photos
+++++++
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-01          118750

Have a Beluras 250 with a stuck clutch. Any ideas how I can get it loose as it is a good clutch without breaking tractor in 1/2. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Clutch

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-01          118752

I'll take a stab at this. I am not real familiar with the Belarus 250. If this tractor has a clutch housing access panel that you can remove or open that allows you direct access to the flywheel and clutch assembly; you may luck out and free the stuck clutch by having someone hold down the clutch pedal FULLY depressed and VERY carefully try to pry the clutch disk away from the flywheel. This can be accomplished by using some type of thin wedge (ie: a think piece of plexiglass sharpened on edge or a sharp putty knife) BEFORE you try this, check and ensure one of more of the clutch diaphram depression fingers has not broken or the pivot bolt has fallen out. Spare nuts, bolts, and washers found in the clutch housing are a dead giveaway to look for this. If the bolt just broke or came loose, sometimes you can rotate the flywheel to a position that allows you to replace the hardware. If the clutch disk is rusted to the flywheel, you may luck out and free it up by CAREFULLY prying it loose. If the clutch disk is rusted to the transmission input shaft, you may not be so lucky. If you can free it and then work it back and forth MANY times followed up with some lubricant on the input shaft to prevent the seizure again; you will be REAL lucky. Many times the tractor just has to be split. Good luck and hope you can free it up. ....

Clutch

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-01          118754

Another long shot if the clutch is rusted to the flywheel is to chain or cable the tractor to an imovable object such as a very large tree. Leave a small amount of slack to allow the tractor to start with the clutch pedal depessed fully and in the lowest gear. If you are real lucky; as the tractor starts and lurches forward, as the slack is slowly taken up the tractor will pull hard against the tree and break the clutch loose. DO NOT attach the chain or cable to anything but the draw bar. Any other attachment points may be to high up and cause the tractor to rare up and torque over is the clutch does not break free. Be prepared to shut the engine off real fast if the tractor rares up. If the chain is attached to the draw bar properly; the tires will just spin if the clutch does not break free. I will add that I do not recommend this as it can be very dangerous if the operator does not understand what can happen and how fast. This trick may not work if the clutch is stuck on the input shaft. ....

Clutch

View my Photos
Henry Breaux
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-01          118764

Thanks 2nd handlion I appreciate the info. I tried putting the front bumber of the tractor against a large live oak tree for a second or so until my wife saw me and got real nervous on me. Had to stop that. Someone told me to spray a little kerosene on clutch assembly as that is what they used to use in the good old days. Ever hear of that or do you think it will ruin my clutch? ....

Clutch

View my Photos
Chief

2005-11-01          118767

The kerosene would more than likely cause the clutch to slip or perhaps damage it, although the kerosene should eventually evaporate from the area. Not sure if I would try that. I suppose at some point you have got nothing to loose by trying that if nothing else works. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login