Go Bottom Go Bottom

Farmboss 284 FEL Hydraulic problems

View my Photos
paquette1963
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-04-14          190069

I have similar problem and I am very new to tractors. I can't get the brush hog hydraulics to lift and the front loader goes up very slow and sometime not at all. I have replaced the filter and assured that the fluid is full. I'm 100 miles away from the tractor with no internet on site. I'm asking if only the front loader moves and the brush hog will not move is this a pump issue?

Thanks Chuck

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-04-14          190070

Welcome to the forum Chuck, Pleased describe the make/model/year of your tractor, and describe the issue in a bit more detail. Right now it sounds like you have a front loader (FEL) that's working poorly, and a rear lift that's not working at all.

//greg//

View my Photos
paquette1963
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-04-14          190072

Its a 2003 Jinma Farm Boss 284, with a front loader and a brush hog. Engine works great, just the hydraulics that don't work proper. I replaced the filter under the seat, and made sure that the fluids were full. When I try to move the FEL it is very slow, as in move up 1 foot per 30 sec. when I try to lift the brush hog with the lever it does not move at all. I started driving it and the brush hog shot up then went down. when I tried to move it on my own it would not move. ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-04-16          190083

First guess is that the FEL controller is malfunctioning, the usual culprit is dirt. It may be blocked to the point that it's not restricting the flow your fresh hydraulic fluid. If you're confident in your mechanical abilities, you can remove and try to clean the controller yourself. If not, take it to a hydraulic shop for cleaning. In both cases, mark all the hoses and hose locations so you get it reconnected correctly the first time.

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login